Tim Walz’s Response

• prieser
    Byron, MN

Pretty decent answer IMHO…..

February 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Pries,
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the Second Amendment and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you.

In recent months, we have seen too many violent mass shootings plunge our communities into grief. This is a serious, complex problem and it will require a comprehensive solution. I am committed to taking meaningful action, and I will consider all options to prevent tragedies like what we witnessed in Newtown, Colorado and Wisconsin.

As you may know, I am a lifelong sportsman and advocate for the Second Amendment, and I am a strong supporter of Americans’ constitutional right to bear arms. And I also believe we need to address the issues that are causing these massacres. During this process, it is important that we strike a balance between the ability of law-abiding, responsible citizens to own guns and the public safety of our nation.

I believe it is equally important for us to improve access to mental health programs, improve our background check system, and increase penalties for violating gun laws. I have long advocated for implementing our nation’s mental health parity law and full funding for the National Instant Background Check System, and will build on this work to achieve more. The solution to gun violence will not be solved by one bill or initiative, but a comprehensive approach.

The debate on gun control in America has a long and sensitive history. Rest assured, I will work to find a balanced approach that both ensures public safety and protects the rights of responsible, law-abiding gun owners in southern Minnesota.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me, and I look forward to hearing from you again in the future. For more information about my activities representing southern Minnesota in Congress, please visit http://walz.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I got the very same response.

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

I received a good reply from Ron Johnson that he would defend my gun rights, and a generic one from Tammy Baldwin that had nothing to do with this subject. To be honest I did not expect much from her anyway.

Nut

neusch303

Huh, that letter looks 100% the same as the one I got.

killerhiller
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Pretty decent answer IMHO…..I don’t think so

I am committed to taking meaningful action, and I will consider all options to prevent tragedies like what we witnessed in Newtown, Colorado and Wisconsin.

As you may know, I am a lifelong sportsman and advocate for the Second Amendment, and I am a strong supporter of Americans’ constitutional right to bear arms. And I also believe we need to address the issues that are causing these massacres.
    During this process, it is important that we strike a balance between the ability of law-abiding, responsible citizens to own guns and the public safety of our nation.

Sounds like like someone who takes away your rights not protect them as he swore an oath to do. I believe he is lock step with the party on this one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.