A new Cabela’s store will be built in. . .

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

This one is for all the late fall Mille Lacs Lake trollers that don’t have a kicker motor to dial in the needed slow trolling speeds!

Late season crankbait trollers and any angler that trolls using livebait will benefit from the use of this inexpensive and effective solution!

A pair of 30″ trolling bags will slow down and improve the handling characteristics of the largest walleye boat and stores easily in any compartment!

http://lindyfishingtackle.com/pages/Drift_Control.shtml

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Living 8 miles from Cabelas is challenging on the budget….

johnee

Quote:

Living 8 miles from Cabelas is challenging on the budget….

Hmmmm. Are you saying I should start filling out the formal Request for Budgetary Supplemental (Special Circumstances) Form 6852 soon so that The Family Income and Budgetary Committee can evaluate it?

On an unrelated note, I’m still kind of steamed that I was voted off of The Family Income and Budgetary Committee. Has this happened to any of you guys? The Chairwoman called a surprise vote to oust me and it ended up being 1-0 in favor, so snap! Just like that, I’m off The Committee.

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I had the same thing happen at my house. They pull these girls aside at a young age and start teaching them all about our weaknesses. I was in the garage having a beer when “our” committee met….

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

This is going to be a challenge for me too. I have all but stopped going to Gander in Woodbury. Now this Cabelas will be 6 miles from my house. I better get a Cabelas club card and start saving up points

johnee

Quote:

This is going to be a challenge for me too. I have all but stopped going to Gander in Woodbury. Now this Cabelas will be 6 miles from my house. I better get a Cabelas club card and start saving up points

You know, those club cards really are a great deal. It literally IS free money.

Mrs. Grouse and I have the Am Ex gold rewards card and we put everything on it and then pay 1 bill per month.

So essentially anytime we want to fly anywhere, it’s free. Just log on to Am Ex, find the tickets, click “Pay With Points” and it’s free tickt time. I also cashed in points for a $200 Home Depot gift card when SWMBO wanted new backsplash tile and my new big screen was free from Best Buy last year.

I have our Am Ex card set up so the bill is auto-payed out of checking each month. I never have to even think about it, it’s as if we were using a debit card, but I firgure we’re getting about $2000 a year in free stuff.

If we didn’t already have this Am Ex thing going, I’d be all over the Cabelas rewards card. If you’re using a debit card from a MegaBank, you’re just throwing away money.

Grouse

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I just hope they keep the Hornady .41 mag ammo stocked up now that I don’t have to drive “forever” to go get some! That and the 45 Colt Leverevolution….. Gander only carries the cowboy crap.

kevin_sahly
    maple grove,mn

I feel like cabelas has me trapped. I live in maple grove and can be at cabelas door in 7 min. I work in Woodbury, approx 7 min from new site. I can’t escape, stop on way to work or on way home. Easier than picking up milk/bread. If they were to add that, I’d really be in trouble. Though I wouldn’t technically be lying when I told wife I was picking up groceries.

johnee

Quote:

I feel like cabelas has me trapped. I live in maple grove and can be at cabelas door in 7 min. I work in Woodbury, approx 7 min from new site. I can’t escape, stop on way to work or on way home.

Wow. Bookended by Cabela’s stores. Sux to be you. Ouch.

Grouse

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m lucky I guess, my wife wants nothing to do with finances. All mine!!

Ditto on the Cabelas Club card, picked up a Cabelas Visa, used it for work travel expenses and Twins tickets renewal and already (since July) have nearly $200 in points to use at Cabelas. It’s going to be a great addition to the neighborhood.

ET

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It’s great to see the expansion, especially in this state of the economy. Lots of $$ to the local guys building it! I just hope the growth is gradual so that the extra 30 mil in inventory doesn’t sink the ship. We have a new store in Green Bay scheduled to open in July of this year. I haven’t heard any recent progress on it, so I don’t know how far along they are.

jer_schreiner
    Alma WI

Yeah, Thats awesome!! Woodbury and Green Bay. I was in Green Bay a couple weeks ago and it seemed as tho most of the shell was up!!!!! GB Fleet Farm has an amazing stock of Walleye gear too, I love it!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.