Writing your congressman made easy

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great vid James and Brad. You guys did a great job of showing how an average angler can get better control of his boat when winds would usually force him to the upwind side of the lake.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Done and posted this everywhere I can think of.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m considering hitting it every morning for a while.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for posting Mike. Been meaning to get this over here.

I was contemplating emailing them everyday with this tool, but wondered if it simply gets deleted by the Klobuchars and Frankens of the world. I mean it’s not like our governor listens to majority voters in Mn, why should these lefties be any different.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I wrote all of them through their websites last week.

Kloba-whatever does not reply. I chose not to get one from goofy (Franken not the Gov) but got one anyway.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Easy-peasy. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for posting this. Made it easy to send.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yep. I just hit again this morning. I plan to hit every day like a vitamin until this issue dies down.

Basically we are all waiting to see what our fearless dictator obumbo does.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Keep hitting it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hit

kooty
    Keymaster

Finally got a reply from Franken. It was your standard template. We track issues important to Minnesotans, blah, blah, blah.

kooty
    Keymaster

Also got a canned respons from Bachman. Why does my gut say these “representatives” never read anything we send them?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The media sets their agendas.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Finally got a reply from Franken. It was your standard template. We track issues important to Minnesotans, blah, blah, blah.

I received 4 replies in 2 days. All from Franken

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

I received 4 replies in 2 days. All from Franken

The one guy you KNOW is not on our side.

Here is the canned response I got to day from Betty McCollum:

January 24, 2013

Mr. Justin Schneider

7504 Upper 24th Street N

Saint Paul, MN 55128-5026

Dear Justin:

Thank you for contacting me about gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you.

In light of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut and six more mass killings across the country last year, it is imperative that Congress act to pass strong gun safety laws that keep these weapons out of the hands of criminals, children, and mentally disturbed individuals without restricting the rights of lawful gun owners.

Sadly over the past several years, far too many innocent American children, women and men have been the victims of gun violence. The sobering statistics about gun violence speak volumes. According to the U.S. Census, of the 129,741 murders that were reported between 2000 and 2008, nearly two-thirds of the victims were killed by a firearm. Every year nearly 100,000 people in America are shot or killed with a gun according to the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence. Every day, 270 people in America – 47 of them children and teens – are injured or slain due to gun violence.

We must take immediate action to prevent this type of violence from taking place, including requiring tougher background checks, ensuring safety devices to prevent guns from being used by someone other than the owner, limiting the availability large capacity ammunition magazines, closing the gun show loophole, and reinstating the ban on assault weapons. Effective regulation of firearms is no longer an issue this country can choose to ignore. Of the 11 deadliest shootings in our nation’s history, five have occurred since 2007. The time has come to end the gun violence epidemic.

Nonetheless voices like the NRA will do everything to protect guns rather than the lives of our children and law enforcement officers. I have consistently opposed the NRA and their extremist agenda and will continue to do so. As a result of this work I have received an ‘F’ rating from the NRA.

As we begin the 113th Congress, I have already cosponsored several bills to address the problem of gun violence, including the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013 (H.R. 21), The Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act of 2013 (H.R. 321), the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2013 (H.R. 142), and the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (H.R.138). These pieces of legislation should be passed and signed into law by President Obama. Now is the time to take serious steps to keep our nation, schools, and neighborhoods safer by helping protect against the kind of atrocities that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with me.

Sincerely,

Betty McCollum

Member of Congress

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What a Bit**. We need to remember that next election.

kooty
    Keymaster

Well, at least we know where Betty stands. Next election remember this.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

What a Bit**. We need to remember that next election.

Ha ha! You said what I was thinking.

Here’s the return email I sent her. It initally blocked any return email so I did a little bit of research and found her actual email address to make sure she recieved it:

Betty,

Thank you for the return email.

Are you aware that no assualt style weapons were actually used in the Sandy Hook Elementary Massacre? Instead of lobbying against the NRA, and restricting firearms privelages of our law abiding citizens, I strongly urge you to put more effort into lobbying for additional testing for those mentally disturbed individuals you referenced in your letter. Disarming the law abiding citizens of this country will do nothing to curb the problem with firearms in today’s society. Do you truly believe that a criminal will obide by the new gun laws your striving to put forth, or a mentally disturbed individual would have the mental capacity to understand and abide by such laws?

I have taken this letter and posted it on numerous online forums and social media sites to inform other citzens you represent of your stance on this issue. I’m hopeful that you will re-evaluate youre stance on this sensitive issue.

I am a law abiding gun owner who values the Second Ammendment and I will vote accordingly next election.

Regards,

Justin Schneider

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Time to hit it again everyone.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

S&W also has a made easy letter like Rugers.
    I’m sure the congressmen never read them and staff handles it all. I’ve even tried personal messages to them. Haven’t been to impressed or believed everything I’ve got back in response. Keep up the good fight.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.