Great Show – Alone in the Wilderness

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I watched parts of this on TPT last night. What a great show about a man who moved to Alaska in the late 60’s and pretty much built his cabin by hand. Incredible the knowledge he must have put together ahead of time. I’m gonna order his books this week. He finally “moved” in his 80’s as the winters in Alaska were a bit too cold for him. His cabin would only get up to 45 degrees at times. Tough ol’ son of a gun!

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I love this show! Watch it everytime I see it on, lost count how many times i’ve seen it.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

He has a book as well. “One Man’s Wilderness” if I remember right. Very cool book if you like stuff like this. he is a little eccentric but he goes through how he builds stuff, how physical everything he does is, and his day to day activities. Very interesting to a guy like me who likes the nuts and bolts stuff.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Awesome show, seen it a few times now. I have an old high school classmate that lives up there with his family in the middle of no mans land with only a couple trips a year to town. Crazy lifestyle, some parts of it would be awesome.

marsh_monster
    Metro

Quote:

I love this show! Watch it everytime I see it on, lost count how many times i’ve seen it.

Same here! I think Ive seen this 3 or 4 times…never gets old. If Im not mistaken theres a book that goes with it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks, Kooty. I set my DVR to pick it up on Saturday

StevenA

Title reminds me of “Into the Wild” that was a pretty solid movie.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Title reminds me of “Into the Wild” that was a pretty solid movie.

Is it a good movie? I read the book and it seemed that there may be a tree or 2 hundred hugged in the movie. Great soundtrack though for any Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder fans

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I watched Alone in the Wilderness the other day. So cool. What a story. He really put a lot of work into that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.