Ware can I take my 9 year old ?

• d.c.o
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin

Hi guy’s, I am looking to take my 9yr old son on a hunt for deer this fall I looked at a few states but some are unclear on age restrictions. I was told ND he can bow hunt but is there any youth hunts??or anything else?? Any suggestions on a state? Thanks Ryan

thegun
    mn

ALLEGEDLY my 8 year old daughter got her first deer this fall! In MN But who knows maybe I shot it we cant remember!

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

look at Missouri….i know they have a youth gun hunt in October….not sure on the ages…

alanmdk

I would take a hard look at Nebraska.

Mulies, Whitetails, and $5 tags for the youth.

Other than Florida, Nebraska is one of the most kid friendly states I know of.

Be safe and have fun!!
    CW

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Quote:

I would take a hard look at Nebraska.

Mulies, Whitetails, and $5 tags for the youth.

Other than Florida, Nebraska is one of the most kid friendly states I know of.

Be safe and have fun!!
    CW

Best 5 bucks I have spent. Took my 10 YO out this year for late season. Saw some deer but he wasn’t comfortable with the shot so he passed. Still had a great time. Also the turkey tags are only $5 for youth.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

MO is ages 6-15 for the youth hunt. It’s usually the last weekend in October, 2 day season.

KS also has a youth hunt, I think it’s in September. Ages up to 16.
    If you’re looking for an outfitted hunt check out:
    http://kansaswhitetails.com/youthhunts.shtml
    Gene will set you up.

d.c.o
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin

Thanks for all the replies! Looks like we have it narrowed down to Missouri. Now all the homework starts! Thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.