How many of you have washed your sd cards?

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

On occasion I have mistakingly ran a few sd cards through the wash They have all worked after this abuse Tonight I spilled a coke on 4 sd cards and I am thinking this is much worse than the clothes washer No problem.. I just put them all in a glass of warm water we will see what happens oh well whats 4 sd cards full of pics worth anyway What a dumb maybe some day I will learn

lick

Never washed 1 So far anyways

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

You might still be ok. I think the drying out process is key. Any dampness at all I think will ‘toast’ them…let us know how this turns out.

Place the SD card in a bowl of rice. The rice should soak up all the moisture and you should be good to go. Putting the SD card into use before it is completely dry is what will probably short it out.

Although I haven’t tried this for an SD card yet, it has worked for 4-5 cell phones.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Place the SD card in a bowl of rice. The rice should soak up all the moisture and you should be good to go. Putting the SD card into use before it is completely dry is what will probably short it out.

Although I haven’t tried this for an SD card yet, it has worked for 4-5 cell phones.

Justin… Do you insure SD cards

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Quote:

You beat me too this idea

DaveD1
    Eastern Iowa

Quote:

X2.

I’ve washed several compact flash cards and they have all been fine. The rice thing has worked with a cordless phone believe it or not. Gotta love having two boys.

Dave

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That a boy Bob! You know that coke can take rust off a bumper! Doesn’t look good for your cards!

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Just dont forget the card in the rice and cook it! I could see myself doing that.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I think you’ll be fine Bob depending on how long the coke sat on them. Mine have been through the wash several times, including one card at least 3 times. Even survived a load where the wife over sudsed the wash and added oxiclean, not to mention the spray-n’-wash that was on the clothes. There were enough chemicals in there to peel skin, but the card worked fine.

Joel

lick

Bob when they said clean your cards I don’t think that is what they meant

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Bob when they said clean your cards I don’t think that is what they meant

isn’t that how you are supposed to format them

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one who’s washed a few sd cards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.