bad hunter

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

My guess is the antenna is not hooked up properly. Did you run a seperate power to the antenna??

NowVoayger
    Alexandria, Va

The lcx16ci will use lgc 12s or 12w gps module. So does the lms 320. This is what Lowrance says about your problem:

The GPS module not responding error is specific to units that are not recognizing the GPS module.
    Make sure that there is the correct amount of voltage.
    Make sure that the NMEA 0183 (orange, yellow, blue, and ground) wires are taped individually and not touching.
    Plug the GPS Module (antenna)directly into the back of the unit; this will help determine if the extension cable has gone bad.
    Make sure you have the latest software in the unit.
    Do a hard reset on the unit. Make sure that you have saved your waypoints before doing this reset. This reset will erase all memory in the unit. Please follow the procedure below.
    Turn unit OFF.
    Press and hold the ZOOM IN.
    Press and hold the ZOOM OUT.
    Press and hold the POWER KEY.
    Hold all three keys in until the USA Map appears.
    This will put the unit in a cold start mode; it may take a few minutes before the unit will lock on.

I had this same prpblem with a lcx16ci, which is a six year old unit. I sent the module back to Lowrance with $89
    plus shipping and they sent me a new lgc 12w.That fixed the
    problem.

I have the same problem with my LCX-16. What I find is that when I travel long distances, the module does not respond right away, and may take up to a half hour to find its new position.

It seems to always find a signal eventually..

fishmark
    Ramsey, MN

Make sure you have separate power to the antenna.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If there’s a question mark in the middle of your screen, Chowdski answered your question.

If you have the error “GPS Antenna Not Responding” you have a power or antenna cable problem.

NowVoayger
    Alexandria, Va

Quote:

Make sure you have separate power to the antenna.

The lcx 16ci gps antenna gets power from the unit itself, not from an external source. Plug the antenna dirrectly
    into the unit.

jeremy2323

yup there isnt a black and red wire on this gps ?? and it still doesnt work

???

NowVoayger
    Alexandria, Va

if you tried everything suggested in my previous post, and
    that didn’t not help, then the odds are good you have a bad
    module. Don’t know what else to add.

eye_hunter

I was out in southeastern mm opener weekend by the plainview area and was in the tree at 5:00. This guy walks towards me about half an hour later with his flash light on. I signaled him with my light. He signals back and than turns his off. I thought he left but it turned out he just sat down. As day break i was able to see him. He than looked at me than walked over. Without saying hi he told me i was in private land and needed to leave. I told him this is public land. The sign is right there. He looked at it and told me since he is here its his land. Yelling at me he said i had the count to ten to get down and leave or else he’ll shoot me. Scared out of my pants i got down and left. I later informed the game warden. The
    point is we are all hunters. A deer is not worth a life. I don’t want to bring up another race issue. But it seems to keep folding up since i am a jmong hunter. I have many american friend hunters and do not want to see another headline about hunters killing each other. I respect everyone in the woods and only hope that i will get that respect back in return. But i will not hesitate to call he auhorities if i have too. So please share his story and let everyone know, a deer is never worth a life.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very sad to hear about your unfortunate confrontation. Kudos to you for calling in the incident. It’s a pretty sad day when a hunter threatens the life of another hunter over a deer.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I think you made the right choice. There is always a rogue few who just can’t seem to get along with anyone. Ever notice those guys are usually hunting alone? I have had a handfull of instances while hunting that I wish I would have handled differently. I think you were spot on in your decision.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

It’s a shame there are complete idiots and moron’s out there that want to ruin it for true outdoorsmen & women…. .. good for you for calling the authorities

lick

Quote:

Very sad to hear about your unfortunate confrontation. Kudos to you for calling in the incident. It’s a pretty sad day when a hunter threatens the life of another hunter over a deer.

I couldn’t agree more

Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

I couldn’t agree more

except it’s only for the chance to maybe possibly see a deer

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Did the game warden catch this guy that “threatened” you! Not only is this rude it’s a serious crime. Follow through and press charges!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Do you have to have a back tag displayed while deer hunting in MN like we do in WI? If so you could’ve taken down his back tag number and turned his in. It’s people like that that give this sport a black eye!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jez! I would hope to think we are past that.

…and that’s all it takes is one guy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.