Funny how life has it’s own sense of humor

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Nope not me, I will be working and most of the guys that I know up there will be on Pelican fishing with the Governor and his party.

Good luck,
    Ron

dave_n
    Champlin, MN

I’ll be there, actually staying on Margaret.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Ron, I was hoping that may lessen the pressure on Gull. Any pointers on Gull crappies if walleyes are as slow as Big Stone this year

Dave, I’ll be at Lost Lake Lodge. Say hi if you see a white Skeeter with IDA stickers

fireman1217
    Eagan, MN

We’ll be on Gull as well…say Hi if you see a maroon skeeter…with a handsome devil driving!

Not sure where to start though….

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Any pointers on Gull crappies if walleyes are as slow as Big Stone this year

As you know, this time of year the crappies are moving to warmer water looking to feed. The channels between the lakes, the cuts on Grassy Point, any shallow back water areas, shoreline wood (beaver dams), and last years reed beds, all should be holding crappies.

Good Luck guys

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Took my pickup in to have a temp control/fan issues resolved. Found out it actually is two parts that need replaced. However, they both require a majority of the dash be removed. $1100.00 later though, I should have a functional heating/cooling system.

I guess gambling on NOT buying that extended warranty wasn’t the right bet.

lick

offthewall
    Ham Lake ,MN

dang that sucks

kooty
    Keymaster

You know, it wouldn’t be so bad but tabs are due Monday, $350.00 and I need tires very soon. I hope someone, somewhere is laughing cuz I’m not.

The good news, I’ll be sitting in a tree stand 7 days from now. My kids will be hanging with Grandma and Grandpa. I’ll also get to have a cold one with my oldest friend. Life ain’t so bad.

lick

Quote:

You know, it wouldn’t be so bad but tabs are due Monday, $350.00 and I need tires very soon. I hope someone, somewhere is laughing cuz I’m not.

The good news, I’ll be sitting in a tree stand 7 days from now. My kids will be hanging with Grandma and Grandpa. I’ll also get to have a cold one with my oldest friend. Life ain’t so bad.

Hope your worn out truck makes the trip

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I guarantee I had worse luck than you today Kooty.

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

No picture Mike?

Kooty, don’t mess with the dash stuff, get a sawz all. Really, I had a dowl stick for a door handle for years, worked just fine.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

What happened Mike?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

What happened Mike?

Layed off.

kooty
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that Mike!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

The good news, I’ll be sitting in a tree stand 7 days from now.

I’m sure your wife feels the same way Kooty…”Boy that truck is costing us a fortune, but at least he’ll be sitting in a tree stand so it’s all good!”

kooty
    Keymaster

My wife is sitting in Orlando this week at Disney world and Sea World. Her company took everyone who got a promotion to Orlando for a week. I’m pretty sure I’m the last thing on her mind. I’m not even sure she misses the kids.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

My wife is sitting in Orlando this week at Disney world and Sea World. Her company took everyone who got a promotion to Orlando for a week. I’m pretty sure I’m the last thing on her mind. I’m not even sure she misses the kids.

Come on she misses the kids just not her old stinky rutting husband

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

By the sounds of it she’ll need that promotion to pay for the truck repairs!

kooty
    Keymaster

And hopefully a shoulder mount after this weekend….

lick

Quote:

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

and not buying a truck from a dealer with a service manager you know very well….. I can pull ALOT of strings

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

and not buying a truck from a dealer with a service manager you know very well….. I can pull ALOT of strings

I did, and haven’t had to use him yet!!

But yes, that does suck for you Kooty

kooty
    Keymaster

Ya, but you have to drive a Dodge everyday.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Yes sir, everyday it starts, runs and keeps on going, ready to click over 100,000 here real shortly…… so far, nothing but standard maintenance!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I should clarify…. I can do just about anything under 5 years since In service date, unlimited mileage, no questions asked, for my customers. Outside of that, I can still do alot of stuff, if I ask nicely I know at a minimum, that bill would be cut in half Kooty. You should ask them for this too.

kooty
    Keymaster

Thanks for the advice G. I’ve got a question for you, but I’ll wait til next week to call after the big weekend so you can tell me all the stories from deer camp.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.