Gravel Pits?

• Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

So are the days of my semi-youth over where you cannot hit a local gravel pit to do some plinking? Just checking, ‘plinking’ would include a 7mm rifle, I recall running down to Red Wing MN and doing so 5 years back and it being ok? Just checking, my bro is in town Taiwan (he moved there this summer!) for the holidays and wants to shoot, I have no membership at a range and honestly it is more fun for us without the formal range atmosphere (i.e. I want to shoot some old melons and pumpkins with BT’s). That said, I want to behave as always, I just recall the days of youth where Dad would stop at every pit and let us shoot, sometimes the local sheriff would join us too. I know times have changed, just wondering how much, and no I’m not that old! Thanks cool people on the hunting side, I like it here. Have you seen the kitty yet? If it is black and white and really really fat, it’s mine. If you shoot it, you’ll just make it mad. Be forewarned.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

If you can’t find an open pit. Hudson Gun Club is open to the public on Sunday’s. It’s cheap and laid back and when your done they have cheap beer too! Most of the gravel pits around here are locked up pretty tight. I think they are much to worried about liability issues now days. Whenever we go Rockhounding in a pit you need proof of insurance.

Good Shooting,

Ferny.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.