South Metro Game Farm?

• Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

So I finally stumbled over here from the fish side of things, it was bound to happen sooner or later! Anyways, someone mentioned a game farm by Meisville, MN, I have a virgin 3 year old lab and twin 8yr old boys that I was hoping to get out in a somewhat forgiving controlled situation. Any suggestions? Thanks!

CZ

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Czech I have a friend that has been taking his dog there this year to get some training in. I will shoot you a pm with the info.

Oh yeah, welcome to the other side

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks neighbor!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Here’s the info I have for it, I hope it’s okay to post:

Here ya go, Orlando Game Farm phone number is: 507-263-2031

Pheasant $15
    Chukars $9
    Scratch Birds $7/ $4

No problem neighbor! Are the pumpkins decorated this year?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There goes the neighborhood!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

and we thought we could hide out over here

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

Yeah you guys, can’t do much with a fishing pole, thought I’d pick up a firearm again. The question you need to ask yourselves is which one you’re more comfortable with me having in my hands, a fishing pole or a 12ga 870 Rem?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Yeah you guys, can’t do much with a fishing pole, thought I’d pick up a firearm again. The question you need to ask yourselves is which one you’re more comfortable with me having in my hands, a fishing pole or a 12ga 870 Rem?

Welcome to the Good Side Czech!

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

No worries too much, I promise to work with the 12ga for a bit before I crack the case on the 7mm Weatherby ultralight mag again! Good news is I set the reloader up again last weekend, due to the current policital climate I had to.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Try Traxler’s in Le Center, MN. They are a great place and have a few different bird for a reasonable price.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

We’ve been training my bosses pup at PheasantView.com in Goodhue. Pretty reasonable and very low key. Although I haven’t been down there on a weekend yet??? Nice fields of different cover. We hit it Tuesday afternoon had 3 each sex pheasants put out and ended up shooting 6 roosters and 1 hen. Should have had more if my partner wasn’t shooting all those blanks Must have been a few scratch leftovers from the Thanksgiving week.

Ferny.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Try Traxler’s in Le Center, MN. They are a great place and have a few different bird for a reasonable price.

X 2 – I’ve hunted there several times and they run a good Game Farm.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Another option down there too if you’d like. I know a guy named Dan Stephen runs his dogs for people down there at Traxler’s for hunts and also lets people run there dogs too with them to learn. A lot of the guys running dogs for Traxler’s are local police officers that love to hunt and earn some extra money that way. I grew up down there.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

My buddy and I keep his pup in shape down @ the orlando Game farm. Good place. Afterward I would HIGHLY recommend stopping by KINGS For a burger.

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks guys! Called Orlando last night, nice gal, have a field Monday morning. Kings? Oh yeah, baby, I could live there!

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

By the way, no BK over here? I’m staying!

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

We had fun! Nice folks there, boys had a ball.

Bob Janicek
    Cottage Grove, MN

Sorry about the hen’s head, I nuked her. Had issue with shooting hens, first time on the farm….

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Looks like you had a good trip. I’m heading back out there this weekend.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.