Food plot

PINE ISLAND

On my property I have A FOOD PLOT THAT IS 90 YARDS X90 YARDS. it is planted with clover mix around the perimiter 10 yards wide with good standing corn in the remaining 70×70 in the middle. In your opinion would I be better knocking the corn over to better see the deer.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I know some people have good luck knocking the corn down. I guess I would knock down “rows” of it giving you a shooting lane(s) but also leave up some corn around the perimeter giving the sense of security to the deer.

Good luck and Welcome to iDoHunting.com!

lick

Quote:

I know some people have good luck knocking the corn down. I guess I would knock down “rows” of it giving you a shooting lane(s) but also leave up some corn around the periemter giving the sense of security to the deer.
    Good luck and Welcome to iDoHunting.com!

x 2 I would next year plant it in rows use the clovers as shooting lanes between the corn rows

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Weither you are going to gun or bow hunt it. I would mow a 10 yard wide lane from your stand across it to the other side. You’ll create natural movement right to your stand placement. And a great spot to decoy from. Slam dunker IMO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.