Best tasting Venison summer sausage

• Kevin J Dobbs
    La Crosse. WI

Lets hear everyones favorite places to take there venison.My vote goes to Kickapoo Locker in Gays Mills ,WI.He is even a member.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hard to beat McDonalds meats in Clearlake, MN

perchhead

Huetels locker in Lake City MN, we have had sausage made by10-15 other places nobody compares to Huetels. It may take a while to get back but it is worth the wait.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Huetels wild rice brats are the best but for summer sausage I have to vote for Gunderson’s german sytle in Mondovi Wi

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Ptaceks in prescott wi. Very good stuff!

pelzel12
    Plum City WI

I have to go with Watkins Locker Plum City for Summer Sausage. I had some brats from Olsen’s in Woodville and they were very good.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Huetels wild rice brats are the best but for summer sausage I have to vote for Gunderson’s german sytle in Mondovi Wi

x2

phishirman
    Madison, WI

ridiculously overpriced and they don’t butcher or debone meat, but Bavaria between madison and verona makes the best garlic summer sausage I’ve ever had.

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

Foley Locker, Inc. Grand Champion Meats. They make great Teryaki Sticks as well.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Rothers in Hastings.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Foley is excellant as well

budaman
    North Metro, MN

I go to Circle Pines Sausage Haus in Circle Pines, MN. It used to be Mark’s Meats, but after Mark passed away this guy bought the shop and all the old recipies. Great summer sausage and beer sticks!

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Olson Locker in Fairmont Mn makes awesome jalepeno-chedder summer sausage and a really good garlic thuringer. But I’m a little partical! ha!

the_grump
    Le Center

Quote:

Foley Locker, Inc. Grand Champion Meats. They make great Teryaki Sticks as well.

Wild rice/cranberry

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

I would have to go with Nick’s Meats in Hayward, MN just between Austin and Albert Lea!!

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Ray’s Meat Market in Unity WI has awesome venny sausage. And as of the 2nd they are back open after losing everything to a fire. I’d also be remiss if I didn’t mention Nolechek’s Meats in Thorp WI. They make some of the best cheese jalapeno or garlic sausage you’d ever care to try.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

OWENS in Pine Island, MN for their summer sausage(smoked)! It’s absolutely awesome…

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Buck Ridge meats in Millville,Mn does a great job but if you take it in a month after the seasons are over, no telling when You’ll get it back

perchhead

Yes Owens in Pine Island is very good Rusty has been cutting meat since he was a little kid his dad Geno used to own the Pine Island meat market.

whittsend

Quote:

ridiculously overpriced and they don’t butcher or debone meat, but Bavaria between madison and verona makes the best garlic summer sausage I’ve ever had.

x2. Bavaria garlic sausage rocks. Used to go there exclusively when I lived in J’ville. Still go there on occasion, when we run out of garlic! (Every 2-3 years or so)

Wissota meat market makes some mean venison sticks. One of my new found favorites!! Beats Bavaria’s Landjaeger hands down.

ChrisBressler

The richland locker in Richland Center WI has done my families for 30 years and it has never been different. They also do a garlic that is excellent.

chippee
    sw wi

The butcher shop in Fennimore, WI gets our vote

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Ptaceks in prescott wi. Very good stuff!

But nothing compares to the Bat Cave Homebrew!!!

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i’ve tried a few different places, and tried he new Duffs in hastings – all of my ducks and deer last year turned out awesome! and good prices too.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

X3 on the German summer sausage at Gunderson’s in Mondovi. There are many places closer to my home in Hudson but my deer never seem to make it all the way back there!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

X3 on the German summer sausage at Gunderson’s in Mondovi. There are many places closer to my home in Hudson but my deer never seem to make it all the way back there!!

How would you know? You never shoot anything, since your holding out for a “trophy”…

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Prior to this year it was called EAB!! 3 does in the last 4 years.

This year I’m a firm believer in QDM!! You should try it.

ET

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Prior to this year it was called EAB!! 3 does in the last 4 years.

This year I’m a firm believer in QDM!! You should try it.
    ET

Took you long enough to catch my post!
    QDM? I dont think so.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

In beef summer sausage my favorites are the “thuringer” style. Anyone know of a place that makes a good thuringer style venison summer sausage? I saw one above for garlic thuringer, my wife likes garlic but it doesn’t like her!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.