How Long?

• huntfish42
    SSP, MN

So the area I bowhunt gets hit pretty hard during the firearms season and I’m wondering how long I should give it to settle down before I go back out? I have never bowhunted after the firearms season but this year I definitely will. I think the season is only 2 weeks in Red Wing this year. If anyone knows any different let me know. Otherwise, how long should I wait?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I switch almost immediately…. I don’t wait at all. After the deer are pushed around for 2 weeks, they will sort out and get back home fairly quick… be there to intercept one

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Get right in there. After they everything around, they’ll come right back and you can one.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

I switch almost immediately…. I don’t wait at all. After the deer are pushed around for 2 weeks, they will sort out and get back home fairly quick… be there to intercept one

x2

coppertop
    Central MN

Quote:

Quote:

x2

x3, Deer are also being pushed off of bordering properties, possibly onto yours.

pelzel12
    Plum City WI

Yeah get out there. Ya can’t kill one sitting at home. It’s hard to tell how deer will react.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

You are missing out , One of my best spots I don’t get to hunt the first Gun season ,But I’m in the tree the day after that season and still see a ton of deer I did miss about a 160 10 pt with my smoke pole the day after the 2nd season last year They will move back in no matter what … Good luck this year

newt
    Pillager, MN

I hunted 2 days after the gun season 3 years ago and shot my biggest bow buck…no time like the present.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

IF you know they are there get right back in there if they were bumped out they will return to the home area

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I agree, they see gun hunters walking around and thats what they are looking for right now. You’ll be in a stand and they won’t know your there, the ruts coming in fast too so the bucks will be searching more and more from now on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.