Outdoors with the kids….

• SDdreamin
    Delano, MN

I was surfing the site the other night, as I often do, and one of my daughters asked, “Dad why don’t you post our pictures on there?” I told her that would be a great idea!

So I thought why not start a thread where we can all post some pics of our outdoor adventures with our kids, or other youth.

For me the greatest trophy at the end of a hunt isn’t the size of the animal, or the limit of birds or fish, but the smile on my daughters faces. Here is one picture of Sydney (7) and Kylie (4) after an afternoon in the fields of SD with myself, and their grandma and grandpa.

Add some pics and let’s keep the tradition and memories alive!

Don Hanson

keep em interested in the great outdoors! My hat is off to you sir .

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Great pic

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to IDO Matt! Great picture of the girls! I agree, the most important thing in regard to the great outdoors is sharing it with our loved ones. Here’s a picture of my daughter (Chloe – 8 years old at the time) with her very first Mille Lacs walleye (31 inches). And my son (Ian – 7 years old at the time) with a largemouth.

neverhome
    Anoka county

Here is one of my 16 month old Lilly. She loves the birds and loves to point at the animals on the wall and say walleye, deer and duckie. Thats Daddys girl . Cant wait until I can get her out in the field with me.

Bill

SDdreamin
    Delano, MN

Wow…those are quite the fish!! You set the bar awfully high having that as her first walleye…nothing like catching maybe your biggest as your first! Great work!

Nice pic with your daughter and the pheasant. Great looking lab too!! Just wait till she can walk in the field with you….that is simply awesome!!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Here are some of me and the girls from a camping/fishing trip this summer. Many memories from that trip. Let’s just say my girls will never, ever forget setting that tent up on Friday night in the rain and near darkness. It was very dramatic and when we were finally done we laughed and laughed.

dkremer99
    Central City, IA

I just love to see pictures like this to show my wife she still thinks I shouldn’t introduce hunting to my daughter, needless to say this makes the arguments a little more in my favor.

thanks
    Dan

Bob Bowman
    MN

Amen to that

Great pic’s and good post about the kids….Nothing better in my honest opinion then sharing the outdoors with kids

deertracker

My boys are with me as much as possible.
    Pic one is with his first trolling walleye.
    Pic three is his first duck. he was seven and used a .410. only took him one shot.

Todd Ruesch
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Here is a pic. of my Step-son. Never really was introduced to fishing till I met his mother. Looks to be a natural. Got to love it!!

Todd Ruesch
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Here is my 13 month old son getting his first look at a deer. Never to young to “spark the interest”. Can’t wait to have him along in the field. This year was the first hunt for my nephew. What a joy to have the “first time” experience sharing it with a loved one.

prieser
    Byron, MN

This was a goose hunt from earlier this year. Not my kids, but these two had a good time.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Cool Pics Guys!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Here are a few of my son Tyler. The boy already lives to fish. He is 6 and 7 years old in these pictures.

SDdreamin
    Delano, MN

Talk your wife into letting you take her out just once…make the experience all about her having fun….and the smile that will be on her face when you come home will make it impossible for the wife to ever say no again.

Great pics guys…I can’t wait to show my daughters tonight. They are now hooked on checking out this post also. I think they asked me about every ten minutes last night to look and see if anyone has posted.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Great pic’s of your son

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m so jealous of you guys. My kids are quite big enough to venture out with dad just yet. Next summer Jocelyn will be 3 + so I’m hoping she can go then.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

here are a few of mine!! the duck hunting one is my partner and his girls that go out with us every other weekend.

shane

waterfowler99
    Midwest

Some of my 2 sweetheart’s

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.