Hunting harness

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any one use one that they like. Looking for a good one for the kid. He’s now 13 and 6ft 1 200 pounds and has officially outgrew his old one.
    I’d like to buy a harness and tree strap on the nicer side that he will for the next few seasons.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Summit pro safety harness, very comfortable. Comes in two different sizes as well, medium and large. Around $100.

B-man

I switched to using a rock climbing harness years ago and will never go back.

There’s a ton of them out there, but I like the Black Diamond Alpine Bod. It’s super lightweight and packable. You don’t even know you’re wearing it. I cut all of the gear loops off and it’s like wearing a belt. Fits in a jacket pocket.

If he’s hunting fixed stands that are already up, I highly recommend a full length lifeline. Muddy, Summit and others have them available.

Reef W

Summit Pro. I use the Summit ropes too, the 8ft for lineman climbing and installing on tree or the 30ft for going up/down once stand is installed. If you have double ladder stands the 30ft has two hitches so two people can use it.

Michael Best

I like the Muddy harness the best.
    90% or more of my hunts are hang and hunts. So I am always using a linesman rope. The loops on a muddy harness for a linesman rope are further forward than some of the others I have used over the years. It makes getting carabiners on and off a lot easier.

I will also use a Tethrd saddle a lot as well.

deertracker

X2 on the Muddy harnesses. I have been using them for many years and no issues.
    DT

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

No real input because im always in a saddle but just wanted to say good on you for teaching the importance of wearing a good harness waytogo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.