hummingbird lake map chips

• Jacob Bich

looking on buying a chip for my hummingbird for this summer. Should i get lake master or navionics? why? i live in SD idk if that makes any difference.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

For best comparability with the Hummingbird a LakeMaster chip would be the answer because that is owned by HumminBird. I am not familiar with the chip from either company that covers SD but it might be worth checking both websites and see which one gives you the coverage for the lakes you will be fishing.

sktrwx2200

Jacob,
    Lakemaster Dakota is the chip that will best serve you in South Dakota. Has alot of the smaller lakes and with the river so much up and down.. the ability to change the water depth on your HBIRD really makes a difference.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

It will have north and south Dakota the lakes in high definition are awesome

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I don’t think there is much on the Navionics chip for SD in terms of HD lakes. I think basically you get the Missouri Reservoirs and thats it. Lakemaster is the way to go. I met those guys and they are legit.

I would add that you can get individual lake maps with GPS coords from Mike’s Maps and they are very accurate as well. I think he has lakes that are NOT HD by Lakemaster available since he only does SD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.