Humminbird update issues

• Jon Cutlan

I have a gen 3 helix 12 MSI – trying to update from 1.94 to the 2.280 update.

Following all the instructions and the unit starts the update – red screen, then orange, then reboots – then asks me the same thing again – would you like to update from 1.94 to 2.280.

Happen to anyone else?

Thanks.

isu22andy

Give them a call in the morning / they have been very good to work with when I’ve called with no wait times.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What size card are you using Humminbirds get picky in the cards it will read,

Jon Cutlan

Tried a 32gb – with the specifications that humminbird gives.

Also tried a 16gb one.

Also saw that the update – might require the base maps to be added at same time – tried that too – same result.

Yeah super frustrating.

Jon

bigcrappie
    Blaine

If there was a update in-between those 2 you might have to update the the next one before going to 2.280

Jon Cutlan

I could not see previous updates. Is there a spot that lists all previous updates?

Thanks guys!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Pretty sure the Hummingbird website has all the software versions listed somewhere and available to download.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

The update page for your unit will state what the pre-requisites are including what version needs to be loaded prior to the new one. The basemap update is not required, but I believe if you want it done it has to be done prior to that software update. If you don’t do it then you won’t be able to in the future.

Also, double check that you downloaded the correct update for your specific unit. Is yours a G3 or G3N?

Jon Cutlan

Yeah – it’s a helix 12 gen 3 network head.

Could not find the update page – with previous updates.

From what I can tell – I am doing everything the humminbird site says.

Will post what I find out from humminbird when I hear back from tech support.

Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.