Humminbird SD card slot failures

• ______________
    Inactive
    MN - 55082

Anyone have issues with them, particularly on the last version of the core series?

I have a a 999 and 959, both now with bad card slots. The cards don’t click into place. The 959 only worked a couple of uses before quiting out of the box. I didnt really need a map up front and I dropped the ball and missed the 1yr warranty by a month; all the 2year Humminbird Select stickers in the boxes confused me into believing I had a 2 yr warranty on them. doah I neglected to read the fine print, failed to register for the upgrade, so I just accepted it can’t read cards. As of yesterday, the 999 decided it now only sometimes likes the inside slot.

Are the bigger Helix units with full size SD slots more reliable?

I feel Humminbird owes it’s customers map cards based on larger regions, especially if they must use shhit parts. I’m 100% sure the incessant switching between chips required by the Lakemaster paradigm is root cause of the failure. Put LOW on the MN chip you Lakemonkeybutts! moon moon moon

brad-o
    Mankato

Three years going strong on mine. I would try just a blank sd card to see if it fits tight. Maybe your SD card is bad. If you have the newer lakemaster cards you should just be able to remove the micro SD card. If that does not solve the problem try to rig something so that it is tight and makes contact.

JoeMX1825
    MN

this is a known issue for the legacy units, especially the newer 9 series, all require being sent back to Humminbird for replacement…bbc.com has lots of posts about it

I figured as much. My 997 I gave to my buddy feels like a machine clicking the cards in and out after a decade of swapping cards. Both my 9×9 series feel like cheap garbage. Johnson Outdoors is making it hard for me to forget about my $2 LOW/Rainy card they owe me.

Attachments:
    1. my_two_dollars.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.