Humminbird (next Gen)

• Matthew Sandys

With Humminbird fire selling out the Gen 4 Helix and other models I assume they are coming out with new models soon?
    I overheard the guy at Reeds say the Apex and helix will make a baby for the new ones.
    Does anyone know any information?
    It will be interesting to see what they come out with.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Just stopped by the local marine dealer for some boat wiring components. They had just been at a sales meeting and were told of a new touch screen unit on the way. I notice Reed’s has some real deals on several HB models going right now.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just stopped by the local marine dealer for some boat wiring components. They had just been at a sales meeting and were told of a new touch screen unit on the way. I notice Reed’s has some real deals on several HB models going right now.

Those deals seem to have been available all summer long. From what I’ve seen. 500 dollar rebates been available since I bought the new terrova

Matthew Sandys

Touch screen would be nice. Bird has been behind on that big time.

isu22andy

Call me the minority but I really don’t want a touch screen . I can rifle through the settings pretty dang quick . I hate the touch screens in my vehicles . Punching through those to change the presets drives me nuts .

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>

Those deals seem to have been available all summer long. From what I’ve seen. 500 dollar rebates been available since I bought the new terrova

Reed’s was tacking on another $250-500 off Helix and Solix. Sale ended on Sunday. The Helix 9 MSI was $850 which was nearly 50% off.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

New units are going to be called Xplore apparently.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

New units are going to be called Xplore apparently.

Probably double in price

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its not just about the new screens, it’s the upgrading the power needed to run them that most overlook…its crazy how many amps today’s modern head units are requiring… Curious to see what Bird comes up with for their FFS 2.0 technology…That domino is likely the first to fall before Garmin releases their 2.0 tech then followed by Lowrance…

CaptainMusky

Touch screen would be nice. Bird has been behind on that big time.

I agree! I’ve been a lowrance guy and got frustrated with the mapping in Canada so went and got a helix and was shocked it wasn’t touchscreen. Plus the whole interface sucks I thought everyone said they were easier to use? BS, I can find anything I want with a couple screen taps on my lowrance and it takes like 5 beers and a lot of 4 letter words to do the same on bird.

Charles

I hope for a HDMI or sometype of input, yeah I know Apex and solix has them, but damn there expensive. Also can ingrated the helix’s to share map chips between them. Sucks buying 2 map chips.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

Second me in the minority but I would not want a touch screen. The guys I fish with who have Garmin struggle in cold Temps and rain with their touch screens.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Second me in the minority but I would not want a touch screen. The guys I fish with who have Garmin struggle in cold Temps and rain with their touch screens.

I’ve run Garmin for the last 5 years on open water and ice and never had an issue.

CaptainMusky

Never had an issue with touch screens either on my Lowrance units. They work great in all elements. In the cold you do need to take a glove off or have one of those gloves that has the special touch type tip on it. No big deal.

acarroline

Not feeling so great about the HELIX 12 CHIRP MSI GPS G4N I’m about to get rigged on my new boat…

10klakes

Not feeling so great about the HELIX 12 CHIRP MSI GPS G4N I’m about to get rigged on my new boat…

If you got it on a good discount I wouldn’t worry too much, who knows how much the new ones will be

10klakes

Its not just about the new screens, it’s the upgrading the power needed to run them that most overlook…its crazy how many amps today’s modern head units are requiring… Curious to see what Bird comes up with for their FFS 2.0 technology…That domino is likely the first to fall before Garmin releases their 2.0 tech then followed by Lowrance…

right. from what I have heard, garmin already has their new ffs developed but has no reason to release it since they own the market for the most part.

acarroline

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>acarroline wrote:</div>

If you got it on a good discount I wouldn’t worry too much, who knows how much the new ones will be

$2500 and the $500 rebate ($2k)…

Nodakk

I took advantage of the helix deals. Happy enough with the tech for the deal I got. Helix 12 MSI G4 CHO for $1299 and then the $500 rebate on top.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I took advantage of the helix deals. Happy enough with the tech for the deal I got. Helix 12 MSI G4 CHO for $1299 and then the $500 rebate on top.

That’s what I’m looking for. That’s a solid deal. And I only need the the cho.

Nodakk

Bearcat- I found the deal on Rogers Sporting Goods site. May be done now but pop up again

mnfisherman18

They better be upgrading their FFS, otherwise I am switching to Garmin this winter. Helix units are definitely due for an update as well.

Matthew Sandys

They better be upgrading their FFS, otherwise I am switching to Garmin this winter. Helix units are definitely due for an update as well.

As said above, Garmin is just waiting on their next gen. I would go with Garmin for FFS. They are way ahead of the rest.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.