H&R 922 Pistol

• riverruns
    Inactive

I have this revolver I was using when I use to trap. Borrowed from a relative. Would like to give him something for it but I’m having a heck of a time finding a value on it. 9 shot revolver 22 caliber. By no means 100% condition. There’s rust on it, although not bad. It shoots nice. Serial #, letter is R. Any help on a fair price? Thanks.

Attachments:
    1. 15935623589547852055242665524769.jpg

michael keehr

I have a 922 as well I bought it from my uncle years ago and he got it from his grandfather I know mine was made before 1940 I had it appraised once when having g a few guns looked at for insurance reasons. Mine has no rust or pitting and is in really good shape. I was told it was worth 150 dollars. I see them pop up once in awhile and they can be had in fair condition for around 100 bucks. I have not been looking for a couple years though as kids now take up extra coin lol

Coletrain27

I have a h&r .22 that is similar but it’s smaller. I thought they were worth more but the research I did on mine was only worth around $100

riverruns
    Inactive

The barrel measures 3.5″.

Thanks for the replys. waytogo

Beast

Just about any good gun shop will have a book that will tell you the year and value according to condition, just stop in and have them look it up for you.

riverruns
    Inactive

Just about any good gun shop will have a book that will tell you the year and value according to condition, just stop in and have them look it up for you.

Thanks Beast. waytogo

Anyone work in a gun shop or have access to the information? I really don’t want to take it to a gun (pawn) shop and have them quote me.

I’ll keep it. Just looking for a fair price to give a relative for it. They don’t care on price neither do I.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Did you look at:

Gunbroker.com
    Gunhub.com
    gunvaluesboards.com

I used them for value when bought a 1947 Browning Sweet Sixteen from a friend of my parents. Then I took the gun to the local sporting goods/gun store (not pawn shop) to see what they thought.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I had one for years, only the blued model. Very practical utility pistol, like for trapping and plinking. I paid $35.00 for mine in 1965 and sold it for $50.00 twenty-five years later. They were never an expensive handgun. None of these have been what I would call accurate beyond 50 feet or so.

I also had one in .32 Long. Fun plinker and again not all that accurate but did shoot fair out to about 50 yards with the primitive sights they have.

Fun guns. If you’re looking to pay something maybe $75.00 for the gun and all the years of use you’ve gotten out of it.

Larry Calvin

Right now, it’s hard to get lower cost double action revolvers. In today’s market it’s certainly worth close to the $200 mark!

JoeMoe Moe

I am working on an H & R Model 922 pistol. It is the 2.5 inch. The issue was with the cylinder stop. I thought it was worn away as it did not lock the cylinder in both rotation directions. I took it apart and saw that is was a two pin. I ordered the part a two pin but I also ordered a one pin. The replaced two pin just locked the cylinder and it could not fire. Apparently it would not disengage. I changed it and put in the one pin and the pistol would cycle correctly. However the trigger would stick back between pulls. With a little assistance it can be assisted forward and would fire again correctly. Any idea what may cause this?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I sold one back to a friend of mine, when his kids got old enough. I sold it to him for $75… flip him a Hundo and his favorite bottle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.