How to clean a Blackstone – after possum poops on it

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>
    I was thinking maybe Iowa Boy (Sheldon) with his post over the weekend already helped him out.

Ya, he already brought it down here, when it was over he asked where it was at.
    I said, over there, up there, down over here and the rest hasnt come back down yet.

I figured! jester rotflol

picklerick
    Central WI

So as not to hijack the recipes thread, what’s the best way to strip a Blackstone for someone that knows he shouldn’t buy or operate an orbital sander? I don’t have a hard cover on my 28 up north and Yogi decided to put his claws through the canvas cover so it sat for months with water pooled in one corner and is pretty rusty. I was thinking of sandpaper, but have no clue what grit, then I thought maybe steel wool and cooking oil would work. I’ve tried a scrubber pad and oil on light rust but that didn’t work too well, either.

FinickyFish

I would think your on the right track with steel wool and oil. That’s what I would do on cast-iron, but not 100% sure on rolled steel but I don’t see why not.

big_g
    Isle, MN

You wouldn’t believe the deep fryer pan we use up on our fly in fishing trips !! Anything and everything poops in it and we wash it out in the lake with soap and sand and fry away !!! Never tasted better fish than out of that thing ! waytogo

ThunderLund78

So you’re looking for possum blackstone recipes? I heard they’re good stir fried with veggies.

Seriously though – it’s the mental thing, I get it. A couple years ago I had mouse droppings on my from over the winter, I usually don’t have a rodent issue in my garage but one got in there and spent PLENTY of time on top of that thing, proably lickin’ grease. Yeah, it was gross, but I just wiped her down and cranked the heat for a while. And for God’s sake, I didn’t tell ANYONE in my house about it.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

you tube has some good things covering that if I remember right…

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

If you leave some of your own poop on it, they possums and mice wont get near it

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If you leave some of your own poop on it, they possums and mice wont get near it

You have some test results to share Dave? shock

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.