How much should insurance go up adding a teen?

• Deuces

Location as well, moved to mpls from robbinsdale and instant raise.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

dirty and tiller
    The police cannot stop a vehicle based on age,race, or gender without probable cause.
    If you are a landlord with rental property you cannot deny renting to someone based on age, race, or gender.
    If you are an employer you cannot deny employment based on age, race, or gender.
    All of these instances have statistics that could be used for validation to deny employment, renting to someone, or being stopped by police. You can’t use them in those instances. It is against the law everywhere in the USA.
    Insurance Companies can use statistics to deny coverage or cancel coverage and raise premiums. All based on age and gender. ?????? Why?

dirtywater

dirty and tiller
    The police cannot stop a vehicle based on age,race, or gender without probable cause.
    If you are a landlord with rental property you cannot deny renting to someone based on age, race, or gender.
    If you are an employer you cannot deny employment based on age, race, or gender.
    All of these instances have statistics that could be used for validation to deny employment, renting to someone, or being stopped by police. You can’t use them in those instances. It is against the law everywhere in the USA.
    Insurance Companies can use statistics to deny coverage or cancel coverage and raise premiums. All based on age and gender. ?????? Why?

The simplest answer is because it’s not illegal for them to discriminate based on sex. The 14th amendment makes it illegal for the government to do so. The civil rights act makes it illegal for an employer to do so, but the CRA only prevents public accommodations (like insurance companies) from discriminating based on race, religion, disability— but not sex/gender.

If you want to know why that’s the case… follow the money. Insurance companies are some of the biggest lobbyists in the country. Do I like that? No way. But again, my issues with insurance companies are a lot deeper than this which I consider to be relatively minor. Just my personal opinion.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I just went from a model year 2016 truck to a MY 2020 and my insurance premium went up 90% for the same exact level of coverage. So I asked for an explanation and they could not give one.

So then I started making calls and just switched everything; 3 cars, boat, house- over to another provider with much better rates across the board. Took me a solid hour to find some huge savings with identical coverage. Hop on the phone and get shopping.

I just left state farm and went to am fam. Your mileage may vary.

Justin riegel

I just went from a model year 2016 truck to a MY 2020 and my insurance premium went up 90% for the same exact level of coverage. So I asked for an explanation and they could not give one.

So then I started making calls and just switched everything; 3 cars, boat, house- over to another provider with much better rates across the board. Took me a solid hour to find some huge savings with identical coverage. Hop on the phone and get shopping.

I just left state farm and went to am fam. Your mileage may vary.

This is with all insurance it pays to switch every 4-5 years.

MX1825

Thanks for the explanation dirty.
    Still don’t think it should be allowed.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.