How many of you cry during Movies – Which ones.

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Another post here got me to thinking what Movies I can not make it through watching without getting Teared up. For me the Three that come to mind are :

Old Yellar
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Brian’s song.

Ya, I know I’m a big baby

JoeMX1825
    MN

Field of Dreams “Dad… you wanna have a catch?” is the only one that gets me….

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Only a few home movies with the the greatest influences in my life. As much as they gave, I never learned enough

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Rudy – when he finally gets on the field at the end, sacks the QB, and they carry him off the field.

American Sniper – the end when they’re playing that song and show all the people and vets waving flags as Chris Kyle’s coffin car drives by.

I am Legend – when his dog saves him from the zombie dogs but also gets bitten and infected.

steve hughes

I am a vietnam era vet when I tear up is on facebook showing vets coming home in a casket and really appreciate they way there treated

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Rudy – when he finally gets on the field at the end, sacks the QB, and they carry him off the field.

American Sniper – the end when they’re playing that song and show all the people and vets waving flags as Chris Kyle’s coffin car drives by.

I am Legend – when his dog saves him from the zombie dogs but also gets bitten and infected.

ok I’ll fess up on the American sniper. That one hit home and hard.

blank

x3 on the American Sniper

Similarly, the ending of Saving Private Ryan with Pvt Ryan at the cemetery.

gary d
    cordova,il

I’m a softie I tear-up easily.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I am a vietnam era vet when I tear up is on facebook showing vets coming home in a casket and really appreciate they way there treated

Thank you 1,000% for your service.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Marley & Me

It’s the first and perhaps only one that comes to mind right now.

I was warned by other’s that had seen it that I’d likely shed a tear, but I doubted it…because I was a “tough old guy”.

Was I ever wrong, I sobbed.

Kind of a goofy movie for the most part…with Owen Wilson. But it’s the end that gets you.

I’ll say that when I first watched it, I still had my yellow lab Sadie. I’m sure that magnified my emotional response.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Steve, thank you! I would like to believe society learned its lesson to do the right thing. It will never make up for that era or how Vietnam vets were treated

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Grand torino hits me when clint dies

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Steve – 1st a all ” THANK YOU for your service ” I know this is something that Vietnam Vets did not and still don’t hear enough. Like you my father was a
    Vietnam vet ( 2 tour’s ) He went to his grave still bitter and upset with both our Government and the American People for the treatment he received from them long after his service days. Hopefully this is not something that current and future military service members will ever have to live through again.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I thought I was the only one.

Also, The Fast and Furious (I think it’s #8) when they do the tribute to Paul Walker.

About a dozen scenes in Saving Private Ryan bring me tears. And the scene in Blackhawk Down when they are trying to save the kid with the torn artery in his leg.

I also can’t watch any movies where kids get harmed. After having our daughter I just can’t stomach that stuff.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Red fern gets me everytime. So powerful it takes me away from others I’ve teared up to.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

A little while back I just started going out with this girl that I really wanted to impress. She said she couldnt wait to show me some movie that makes her very emotional. Went to her place, watched the movie. It was a crap, fairytale movie that I had absolutely no idea what was going on throughout the majority of it. I had zero emotion while watching it. I was able to produce some fake tears however, rolled down my cheek and all. She bought it. woot

Dont remember the name of the movie, nor do i want to text her to find out. Thinking back, maybe I shouldnt have put on such a show that night.. moon

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss

I’m not crying. You’re Crying.

tim hurley

Not a movie but..
    Early episode of Cheers Coach’s daughter is about to marry a true AH.
    mostly she has a poor self image, Coach is heartbroken… anyway have to see it so well acted.

mojo

For me anything that relates to my children, discovering true love or faith in God.

First one that comes to mind is “What Dreams May Come” with Robin Williams. I can’t imagine the grief of losing children, or the joy of finding them in the afterlife.

Forrest Gump the movie not the book. Something about a simple-minded person being able to live an extraordinary life.

Taking Chance hit me pretty hard.
    The Notebook (scene where she remembers momentarily but then slips back again)
    Casablanca is a classic.
    A Romantic flick with a bit of humor that few probably know of is “Forget Paris” with Billy Crystal – not too painful for guys who want to treat their lady.
    Many of the Holiday specials, but especially the scene from Charlie Brown Christmas where Linus gives the meaning of Christmas speech.

Also the beginning of the children’s movie “Up”

Don’t even get me started on songs that make me cry.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Thats an interesting combo. Might have to check that out if I can find it. No, not looking to cry. Might be useful.

ThunderLund78

Field of Dreams
    Saving Private Ryan
    American Sniper

I’m there are others. Some music as well. Not even because it’s necessarily sad but that it can be so moving. If I have a few drinks and hear the Comfortably Numb solo, I’m reaching for the Kleenix.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Eight Below with Paul Walker
    Marley and Me

I’m a sucker for a dog movie or almost anything with talking animals.

Deuces

My Girl.

Don’t judge me. bawling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Eight Below with Paul Walker
    Marley and Me

I’m a sucker for a dog movie or almost anything with talking animals.

yep that one too 8 below.

Sharon
    SE Metro

What an enlightening post. I’m either drawing the world’s biggest blank or I just don’t watch the kind of movies that make me cry. 🤷‍♀️

However, one of my favorite TV shows is Futurama and they have an episode called Jurassic Bark. The ending of that gets me every time. 😥

https://youtu.be/AK3PWHxoT_E

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mookie Blaylock wrote:</div>

Thats an interesting combo. Might have to check that out if I can find it. No, not looking to cry. Might be useful.

Its a great song with a solid message.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

What an enlightening post. I’m either drawing the world’s biggest blank or I just don’t watch the kind of movies that make me cry. 🤷‍♀️

How ironic,,,,,,,, the only person in the bunch with a “man card” is a girl. jester

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Cry or well up? Big difference.

B-man

Ever since having kids I’ve kinda turned into a pussy.

Any movie with kids getting hurt/dying get to me.

We just watched a movie called “The Impossible”, it’s based on a true story of the 2004 tsunami that hit in southeast asia.

If this movie doesn’t make you get something in your eye there’s something wrong with you lol

Ripjiggen

Same here Bman.
    And no way, I’m not watching Marley And Me. Nope not gonna do it. bawling

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.