Tried to fish horseshoe.

• eyebuster
    Duluth

Was at my parents in Litchfield this weekend and had a chance to do some fishin. Decided to make the trip up to horseshoe for a while. Only a few sunfish. I have not been there in the summer for a few years, but I know enough to stick to the bays because of all the rec. boats, but still they seemed to be everywhere. Maybe it was just me but I think that it is time that there was some regulations put on the chain for the times that these boats and jet ski’s can operate. If there is I think they need to start enforcing it. Seemed like everywhere we went we got buzzed. just my $.02

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I feel your pain. I am on a small lake near Longville and it has come to a point of me not even fishing for eyes’ on Saturday night because the fish are so affected by the daytime skiing/jet skiing that they don’t bite. Friday night is much better fishin’ due to no boat traffic during the day because the “city folk” are not yet up to the cabins…RR

mnfan
    Rochester MN

here we go…..one group is better than the other. And no, I dont own a jetski or a super fast boat.

eyebuster
    Duluth

My intentions are not to start one of the post that starts bashing one group or another I have been burnt by fisherman out there as well. I was just stating that this chain in my eyes is getting a little out of control. I have seen regulations work in northern wisconsin and think it might help there. with the amount of boats on the chain it is just a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Weekends on the chain are like most lakes between Memorial weekend and Labor day weekend…Busy

The best fishing is still coming and all the recreational boaters go home for the most part. The chain is Very quiet during the week.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I have no problem with the jetski’s them selves. It’s the majority of the people that run them. There seams to be no real concern for those around them. Thats my issue.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I was up there 4th of July Weekend and it was nuts! Almost did’nt do any fishing,but we did.

I had heard a weekend or 2 ago,A woman fell off the Jetski her husband was driving and he went back to get her and ran her over without knowing it. They were being “Shooed” to shore by the Sheriff and he though that the sheriff ran her over! I think he was a little tipsy from the story I heard. She was unconscoious when they pulled her out.

Scott………Did you here of this? It was on Ceder Island, Not far from my buddies cabin.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Yes, I read about it in the paper. She fell off and the husband ran over her. She was treated at the hospital is the last I heard. I don’t fish the chain on the weekend. Lakes like Bolfing and Long are where you want to fish if you want to get away from the people on the weekend. Both have excellent fishing and you will not have all the recreational traffic..they are both part of the chain.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have both a fast boat and a jetski, it’s entirely upto the riders to follow the rules and for the Sherrif to enforce them.
    A good example of this is the no-wake zones. My cabin is located right in the middle of a no-wake zone and a majority of the time the people who break the no wake rules are those in pontoon boats who have cabins on the chain and have known about the no wake rules for years, they just choose to break them. All I can do is shake my head when they go flying by.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.