Honda ATV Dealer Recommendation

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m looking at Honda UTVs and wanted to know if anyone had a dealer that they highly recommend?

I have asked the only three Honda owners that I know and what I got was 3 recommendations for metro-area dealers NOT to use. Nobody seemed to have a very good buying experience and then it goes downhill from there on the service side.

The dealer where I bought my current Polaris ATV was fine on the sales end, but the service department was laughably bad on my only visit there, so I’ve been using the service at a Yamaha dealer ever since. Obviously, I don’t want to buy a new vehicle that will have a warranty from a dealer with a clown show for a service department.

I’m in the east metro, but I travel north frequently on 35, so any dealers in the metro or up this corridor are fine. Also would consider western WI.

Recommendations?

Many thanks.

Grouse

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Unfortunately, I had to go west to buy mine as I also had bad luck with metro Honda dealers. I bought mine at Starwest in Delano. Great price. Never needed follow up service since buying my Honda in 2009 so I have no idea about their service dept.

P.s. I think starwest changes ownership or names…

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Why a Honda UTV?

haleysgold
    SE MN

Just picked this up a couple days ago from Storm Lake Honda in Iowa.
    Had a blast yesterday in it!
    Best price and best trade in price I could find.
    YMMV.
    Sweet little ride !

Attachments:
    1. 20200501_154959.jpg

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Y a Honda you ask? Far more reliable to many others!! Y buy a disposable utv as some are?

dbright
    Cambridge

Storm lake has great prices. I used Larson’s cycle in Cambridge when I bought my pioneer. They were good to deal with and had the best price locally.

John Timm

Larson’s cycle in Cambridge. Bought several ATVs from them Great to deal with.

Coletrain27

Y a Honda you ask? Far more reliable to many others!! Y buy a disposable utv as some are?

Ha! That’s why i bought a Kawasaki with 3 year standard bumper to bumper warranty hah

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I’ve worked in the industry for many years…. in that area, I would have to second the recommendation for Larson’s Cycle…. Mike Larson the owner is great, the business is a long time family deal and I doubt you would find a better option. Tell him Chuck “the Cycle USA guy” posted for ya to see him, he’ll get a kick out of it and it will start your conversations in the right direction.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>The SCRATCHER wrote:</div>

Ha! That’s why i bought a Kawasaki with 3 year standard bumper to bumper warranty hah

I bought a new Mule Pro MX last year and sold my 2006 Mule 610. In the 13 years I had the Mule 610 it had never been back to the dealer

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Starwest is now Called Davis Motorsports in Delano. Great people to deal with!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

X3 on Larson Cycle in Cambridge. Bought a Yamaha ATV from them several years ago and had a good experience. Never had to bring it in for service. Because it was a Yamaha! grin

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks guys. I’m going to stop by Larson’s the next trip north and see what they have.

Obviously I don’t expect to need warranty work on a Honda, but I’ve been told by other owners that metro area dealers seem to get very bitter if you bring in a machine for warranty work that they didn’t sell to you.

Honda is the only maker of a utv that fits my need.

Grouse

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

St. Croix Power Sports in New Richmond, WI is worth checking out also if it isn’t to far out of your way.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I have had a 1987 Honda foreman 4 wheeler for almost 25 years, have never been in to a shop to date put in a new fuel pump and fuel regulator myself and a timing chain tensioner other than that brakes and oil change and 3 batteries! Wow it’s been bullet proof. Oh no belts either!!! shaft drive other makes are good but I just believe you get the best and take care of it It should last. I would put 300 miles on in a weekend trail riding a full time 4×4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.