Hole sleeves?

• Slipbob nick

Do most of you guys that use wheelhouses also use hole sleeves? I’ve only used mine camping so far, but hoping we’ll have ice sooner than later. It seems when I crank it down it would be too close to the ice to use a sleeve. Would it make more sense to not crank it down all the way and use a sleeve? I feel like all
    The way down resting on the ice would be better than slightly up with pressure on the cables.

MNdrifter

Use the sleeves. Trim them to fit when you you are set down. It makes it much less drafty. Also the magnet wheel well covers are AMAZING!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Absolutely set it all the way down. Drill your holes with it up about a foot or 8 inches then set it down so no pressure on anything. Hole sleeves are worth their weight in gold! I have black ones but wish at times I would have gotten white or even glow, but glow seem too expensive to me at least.

curleytail

This is my 1st year with a drop down, but I think a lot of guys use 2x4s or 4x4s to set their house on rather than dropping it all the way to the ice.

If you want it up off the ice a ittle I would drop it onto wood blocks rather than leaving tension on the cables.

Tucker

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

They pop out of ice easily unless left in deep slush for long cold periods. Setting it on the makes it a lot warmer even with good floor insulation. Lots of wind gets in even with hole liners. Horrible wind without them.

braidyc

For sure use the hole sleeves, really nice when there isn’t a lot of snow for banking. I have the glow ones.

Mndrifter- what brand of magnetic wheel covers do you have?

Boar

ive had my house for 7 yrs. and the best thing ive found is to drop it down. get a slush bucket. drill hole. in sert trimed sleev. ive done it blocked and likebthisnway better. the ice will build up inbthe dead air betweenbthe house and the ice. along with yur sleavee with keepnhole open. i investedbin 2 setsnof sleeve. completen9″ and trimed down sleves.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Hey Boar, you can’t spell any better here than on Mn sportsman 😀

Slipbob nick

Thanks for the feedback. Guess that brings me to my next one of putting it flat on the ice versus putting small blocks under it. What’s worked best. I don’t plan on leaving it out unattended much.

Boar

lmao glad someone noticed!! i leave mine flat on the ice or snow. it seals better than trying to plug up dead air on blocks. if anything, a 2×4 flat if your worried. ive never had mine remotely freeze in. plus i never leave on the lake between trips either.

MNdrifter

Mndrifter- what brand of magnetic wheel covers do you have?

Hardkor outdoors.

Attachments:
    1. D6D7A967-C0ED-4536-AB7F-017D14720BDD.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hey Boar, you can’t spell any better here than on Mn sportsman 😀

devil rotflol rotflol rotflol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.