Help me spend $25,000

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Can’t believe I haven’t thought of this already, but this is BY FAR the best deal you will get JD! You give me 25 grand, for the next 5 years I will setup everything for you on whatever body of water you want, and provide warm transport on all lakes. You get everything setup, warm, and waiting. No need for the Michelin Man getup! I get an excuse for the new wife to make more trips to all those lakes. Heck I’ll even throw in my witty charm, as a free option! Buy now, while it’s still available! toast toast

I will do this plus bait and unhook your fish AND I will do all the talking when your wife comes calling asking why the hell you haven’t been home in a week

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

where has Debbie been!! did she run off with Gabe? im missing her…er…interesting posts

Where has Gabe been as well? Both Debbie and Gabe gone at the same time…. Only one thing it could be, Gabe is busy showing her how to fish in the waters up north here!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

$25000 I’ll sell you my truck, a broken Eskimo auger and a shack

mozy
    LQP

If I we’re you I’d get the following:

Sportsman 570 with power steering = $7k. Tracks = $3500. Ridgeline fish house (to haul the atv as well as be super mobile) = $10k. Spend the rest on other “needed” accessories for the atv.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I would think a 4-wheeler with tracks and a wide track fan cooled sled, get both slightly used, trailer, couple flip over houses with hitches, then both set ups will work for everything, but after some use, you will figure out what works the best for you, and you can sell one and get another, better of the rig you like best. Feel free to let me know if you need a pilot/captain for the second vehicle!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    where has Debbie been!! did she run off with Gabe? im missing her…er…interesting posts

Where has Gabe been as well? Both Debbie and Gabe gone at the same time…. Only one thing it could be, Gabe is busy showing her how to fish in the waters up north here!

I’m pretty sure Gabe is another one of jd’s online personas. It seems like all his wildest online fantasies are coming true.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Debbie is on break at a rehab center. Hopefully she will recover soon!

The decision was made and purchase is in process for 2 4 wheelers and still shopping around for some sort of trailer.

I found 2 2015 Polaris Sportsman 850 SPs left over new from last year. These should do the trick in early season with chains and be a good all around multi season toy.

And I think I’ll have enough left over for a Spam fry with the locals!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Good choice, are you going to worry about tracks if it gets snowy? Or just deal with what you are delt?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

So I got the green light to spend $25k on something that will get me a little more mobile on the ice this winter. Thinking of sleds and a trailer but sure could use some advice from the peanut gallery.

Me personally, I wouldn’t look at anything other than an Argo. They are the ultimate hunting/fishing machines.

I see you already made a choice. Good choice. Enjoy.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Good choice, are you going to worry about tracks if it gets snowy? Or just deal with what you are delt?

Yeah, I think if the money permits and the snow gets deep, a set of tracks are probably in the works.

I looked at Argos and Rangers but if you’re out 20 miles and something breaks down, you really are at the mercy of cell phone reception to call for backup. So to me, two of either wheelers or sleds allow for some additional chances for self rescue.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dustin Gesinger wrote:</div>

Yeah, I think if the money permits and the snow gets deep, a set of tracks are probably in the works.

I looked at Argos and Rangers but if you’re out 20 miles and something breaks down, you really are at the mercy of cell phone reception to call for backup. So to me, two of either wheelers or sleds allow for some additional chances for self rescue.

The fact that they float would be the biggest selling point to me… Especially fishing an area like Erie

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Actually Argos are super easy to work on. Kind of like a 1970s pickup. Break an axle? No problem, pull it out and run on the other wheels/axles. Blow a belt. No problem, changes as easy as a snowmobile belt. A modern wheeler, I wouldn’t know where to start to change the oil.

Having backup is nice however.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Check this bad boy out. You’d never get close to getting wet in any conditions.

Attachments:
    1. image12.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.