Help Locating Perfect Dock / Fishing Pier with CLEAR Water

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey all,

The guys and I have a very special request for a video project we’re working on. We need to find a dock or fishing pier, with at least 3′ – 4′ of water around it on the deep end, with fantastic water clarity. We’re going to do some specialized underwater video work that can’t be done from a boat because we need a stable (unmoving) platform. The presence of “decent” sized panfish is a major plus. And by “decent” I mean hand sized…. they don’t need to be giants or even 8″ long for that matter. We just don’t want to be plagued by a blizzard of 3″ – 4″ gills. Does anyone have any ideas on bodies of water or locations to check out?

I thank everyone in advance for any info that might be willing to share.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Hmmm….Square lake? Very clear water and it has a decent population of panfish. I don’t know about a dock however. I do know a lot of dive clubs like that lake.

SR

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Lake Elmo. There is a fishing pier there in the park.

-J.

Kyra Barbee

Bass lake in st. croix county has a dock at the landing, very very clear water and reeds to the left. Out infront and left and right of the landing is about 4 to 6 ft of water for around 100yds. I have been pulling very large panfish out of here on accident on plastic minnows haha, as well as quite a few 11 to 12 inch crappie.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

James, Are you looking for something local in the metro area? We have a dock at our cabin in Cumberland, WI (about an hour and a half from St Paul) you could use. It is plenty deep (about 8 ft at the end). The water was really clear last weekend. The sun fish aren’t under the dock yet, but should be within the next couple weeks. It is on Big Sand Lake (only about 350 acre lake).

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Lake Geneva has perfect clarity to 18 or so feet. Probably a few more hours of driving thanyou want wave

desperado

Square Lake
    Yes there’s a fishing pier
    It’s a Washington County Park so you need a sticker (the same one you need for launching at the bluffs)

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Pelican Lake, North of Brainerd. There are a few big docks in the Breezy Point area. You have to avoid weekends as things can get stirred up in some of the bays.

FDR

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Lake osakis 22 foot at end of the dock at holiday resort

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

devil

Dang nabbit! Image too big. Carry on

big_g
    Isle, MN

Green Lake in Spicer is pretty clear. Mille Lacs is also very clear, just don’t know where abouts for the sunfish.

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

Second vote for lake Geneva, Wi. Guarantee you will find exactly what you are looking for at 3/4 of the docks in that lake.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.