Help! Deer Markings

• flfishingjoe

Hello All,

Say I am bow hunting a small area here in the Twin Cities and went there with my son last weekend. Although we didn’t see any deer we did see the following deer markings (see attachments). I am relatively new to deer hunting but wanted to get your take on what I am seeing here. We have taken 2 does out of the area so far and the trail cam showed some bucks in there earlier this Fall but haven’t seen any males since. We are going out hunting this weekend and I have some doe estrus, antlers to rattle, a bleat and a grunt call and would really appreciate some suggestions as to how to best lure in a buck given what I am seeing.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    1. deer-marks-2.png

2. deer-marks-3.png

3. Deer-Marks-1.png

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

deer marks 3 is buck tracks, they say bucks drag their feet to save energy. The other 2 photos don’t tell me anything.

It seems to me that rut has slowed or stopped in the metro, or at least my area. But a bleat call is always good. I have never had any luck rattling. Grunt calls will also work during prerut rut or post rut. Never put a lot of faith in scents, namely doe estrus scent, but it never hurts to use it to make a drag trail up to your stand. The best advise I can give it sit as long as you can stand it, the more time in the woods the better your chances.

flfishingjoe

Much appreciated Sticker and if I stick a good one, I will be sure to put up a picture.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Welcome to IDO FL. Hope you get a dandy!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.