Helix G3N Card Slot

• fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Ok, I’m feeling dense with my new Humminbird unit. First off, small complaint – how can Humminbird not enter the 21st century and make their menus and views somewhat intuitive. My gosh it’s confusing.

Sorry, now to my question. Where is the SD card slot on the Helix 7? I need a photo, because I can’t find it.

After someone has posted a photo on a Helix 7, go ahead and pile on. Call me dense. Whatev. Thanks in advance.

Angler II

Left side of the unit on the outside of the case. Hard to miss. Black tab pops off allowing a mini SD card.

Attachments:
    1. 0D8ED2F6-476F-4B5A-BE7F-A9F9B1C09CA3.jpeg

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Aha. That’s what that was. It looked wrong to me for an SD card. But that’ll do ‘er. Thanks!

fishspike

Can I weigh in. These must of been designed by people with little fingers. These mini sd cards are a pain in the butt for us old guys🤬

Ice Cap

Can I weigh in. These must of been designed by people with little fingers. These mini sd cards are a pain in the butt for us old guys🤬

Not to mention that cover should somehow be attached to the unit with a tether or something. Very easy to come unattached and get lost. Happened to my first unit and I had to cover it with a piece of electrical tape. Now in my new unit I covered it with tape before I lose the cover.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Agreed!

As if a normal SD card wasn’t small enough. Why is what I want to know?? I understand using a micro SD on smaller electronics but no need on graphs.
    I guess now they have a reason to make the G4N and another couple 13,14 models of it

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishspike wrote:</div>

Not to mention that cover should somehow be attached to the unit with a tether or something. Very easy to come unattached and get lost. Happened to my first unit and I had to cover it with a piece of electrical tape. Now in my new unit I covered it with tape before I lose the cover.

I lost mine last year on my bow unit. You can order replacement doors for a few bucks at least.

Sylvanboat

No criticism here. I have stuck with HB over the years to avoid learning entirely new menus etc of other manufacturers. I only fish appx 10-15 times each season, so learning all the ins and outs of my HB is a challenge. Good luck.

basseyes

Bought my first bird ever this year, a helix 7 mega with si/di.

If it wasn’t for their si/di I’d have never bought one.

Everything about the thing is cheap as crap coming from hds units. Really question longevity on it. Am a button pusher and can usually work around slow, poorly designed software systems, but birds are not good imo compared to other manufacturers. If you aren’t a button pusher and can figure stuff out, good luck.

From the cord to unit connections to the transducer plastic hardware, I don’t care how good the si/di is, the rest of the package is laughable at best. The sd card slot looks like it was designed by a high school engineering team. And it’s not attached, that’s just brilliant.

Sorry bird, you got a long was to go in a lot of aspects.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.