Helix 7 won't mark waypoints

• Jacob Frickstad

My helix 7 won’t mark waypoints, has anyone else had this problem? When I try to mark a waypoint it says gps fix required.

Loren I Duerr

by what you posted you need to find out why you have no gps fix

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You must have a GPS position in order to mark a waypoint (a GPS position).

Are you inside a structure, house?

Typically, especially with these lower end 7’s and such, you need to be outside with view of the sky for GPS to work.

You can press the VIEW button until you reach a GPS screen, this will show you the GPS is locked on or searching. You may need to enable the view if you have turned that view off already.

curleytail

I had my Helix 12 G2 giving me a no GPS position fix this fall. Odd because I bought it this spring and it worked all season till early fall.

I did an update and it seems to have solved the problem. Doing and update to the unit may be worth looking into.

Tucker

BackwaterICE

I can get a fix inside my house but it takes a while – if you are trying to create a lot of waypoints you might want to do so in google earth and humminbird pc. You can dump them to a micro sd card from humminbird pc and load onto your head unit.

Loren I Duerr

You can enter waypoints manually with no gps fix (indoors) on startup switch to simulator mode. Then menu twice and punch them in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.