Helix 7 G2 Side Imaging setting

• scottaheller

I’m not sure if my settings aren’t correct or my transducer isn’t mounted correct. The right side of the screen appears to be good but getting some yellow in the area directly under the boat that should be black and the left side does not show a complete screen. Any suggestions to get this set up right>

Attachments:
    1. HB-Side-Imaging.jpg

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Because of all the turbulence on the right side, it looks to me like the transducer is not level. Only other reason that would happen is if the motor is trimmed down too far it will block the signal going to the left side and make it dark like that.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Can I assume your transducer is on the port side?
    If so, then the yellow stuff you refer to is clutter from motor cavitation.
    Should reduce with less speed and Visa versa.

And, your boat is listing toward the port side making half your left side dark… or your transducer isn’t level.

scottaheller

Thanks for the replies, I’ll look at the transducer, how level does it need to be? When the boat is level on the trailer the transducer is level too. The transducer is on the starboard side of the boat, about 1′ from the motor. I’ll try trimming up the motor and slowing down to see if that helps before I mess with the transducer positioning.

travelNFish
    Nebraska

Speaking of listing, and causing transducers not to read crisp or accurate: has anyone placed a level bubble(s) on the transom or dashes of the boat? Reason i ask is if you have a heavy fishing buddy and a fully loaded cooler, or he happens to be on the battery, or fuel tank side, i could see it could lean the boat left to right enough to change the angle i would think. Never thought of it till this post, when i have had it dialed in and on the same lake it struggles to show me good SI or details, and i know i haven’t changed settings.

marineman

Check this video out… pretty helpful for how to level your transducer:

Most boats don’t sit perfectly level in the water

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Reason i ask is if you have a heavy fishing buddy and a fully loaded cooler, or he happens to be on the battery, or fuel tank side, i could see it could lean the boat left to right enough to change the angle i would think

One benefit to keeping over 30# of lead weights in the boat…moving it to level the boat based on riders.

I used a level when i first mounted my transducer.
    Video up above is a good explanation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.