Helix 7 Always Shows Mark

• Joe K

So I had my Helix s7 out today. No matter what hole I dropped in, it would always show a mark on both the flasher and scrolling views. The mark was mostly yellow with a little blue. If I lowered the transducer further, it would lower the mark further (e.g. transducer higher placed mark at 1 foot. Lower 4 feet). I was the only one on the lake and it would show with my fishing lines out of the water. Any thoughts?

B-man

Was the transducer below the bottom of the ice?

Where was the mark?

Mike Lehmann

mine did this too, below the ice. not sure why just ignored it. is it the newest chirp g3 ?

Joe K

Unit is a g2n. I did get the transducer below the ice but still showed. I included an image for reference. Dropping the transducer lower would move the line down the screen (e.g. from 1ft to 4ft).
    Note:in that image the IR is off but I was flipping through settings (including IR) to see if I could get it to drop off.

Attachments:
    1. 20191224_055140.jpg

Just a guess, but your battery % is showing pretty low. This kinda odd stuff happens sometimes with a low voltage. I’d look there next; maybe recharge, or a new battery?

B-man

Try adjusting your surface clutter and see if that helps.

Joe K

Have an amped outdoors 12 waiting at home (delivered while away for the holiday).

I’ll mess with surface clutter too. I was actually trying that on simulation last night and it seemed to help. Odd thing is it also appears on the simulation so it might just be something as simple as that.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Also, gain setting of 12 might be a smidge high. Did you try backing that off? I think I’m mostly at 10.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Just thought of this… since you’re at about 13 ft. It’s entirely possible that you’re on a weed edge and you’re picking up a some weeds on the outside of the cone at around that depth??? Does it reproduce at deeper depths and in different situations? Different lakes with different water quality?

Ice Cap

Did you try a system status check at start up? It will do a internal self test of the control head and the connected transducer for proper operation. At least you will know if the control head or transducer is giving you problems. I would certainly call customer service if it passes the internal self check.

Joe K

I think it was mostly the surface clutter. Reducing that improved it. I’ll still run the startup test as I haven’t done that before and see if anything crops up there. I should be getting out in the next week or so to try again.

BLW500

My Helix 7 g2 does the same thing. I’ve learned to just ignore it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.