Helix 10 to Ulterra

• Dylan Kral

I’m installing a Helix 10 and a ulterra on my boat and was curious on what I needed to have a transducer on the transom and also to be wired into the ulterra at the same time and to be able to switch back and forth?

Thanks

Coldfront

Hi
    I presume that you are going to have your helix mounted on the dash? That’s what I did. There are 2 ways to do it from what I understand. The way I did it was I purchased Humminbird switch 720069-1. this comes with a 3′ lead that has two female sockets to plug the transducers into it. Humminbird also make a Y-cable to run two transducers. I guess I am old school and didn’t understand how the unit switched transducers. I went to a Humminbird seminar a couple of weeks ago and found that each time I switch between the Ulterra tranducer and the side image transducer at the back of the boat we are supposed to into the Helix and change the type of transducer. The Ulterra is 83/200 and if you use the back transducer to switch it to that model transducer. He said it will still work but not right. Also I am sure that you are going to be hooking up your Helix to the Ulterra and you do that via an ethernet cable. They run about $30 bucks. I have an extra one for sale at a good price if you need one, just let me know how long you need it. 701-441-9899

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.