Helicopter hog hunting

• buck-slayer

Has anyone here ever done this? Checked out a few places in Texas and looks like a gas. Expensive yes but you only live once.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Has anyone here ever done this? Checked out a few places in Texas and looks like a gas. Expensive yes but you only live once.

I agree it looks like a blast for sure! It is on my bucket list although I never looked into cost.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buck-slayer wrote:</div>

I agree it looks like a blast for sure! It is on my bucket list although I never looked into cost.

Last I looked it was around $1600 an hour….that was a few years ago though.

Coletrain27

chasing down any type of animal with a helicopter doesnt seem very sportsman like to me. just my opinion and im sure ill be flamed for saying that

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

chasing down any type of animal with a helicopter doesnt seem very sportsman like to me. just my opinion and im sure ill be flamed for saying that

I don’t disagree with that.

I would still like to try it from a helicopter once too though.

Brad Dimond

I agree to a certain extent. Feral hogs are an outlier, they need to be ruthlessly culled. Destructive buggers. The helicopter hunt crews have figured out how to get others to pay to remove their problem hogs, pretty ingenious.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not sure if its Sportsman or not, But I would guess its a hell of a challenge. I would guess hitting a running pig out of a moving helicopter is far more challenging than hunting over a food plot with a high power rifle with a high powered scope any day !!!

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I don’t think I would pay $1600/hour to help someone else eliminate their problem. I know the feral pigs cause issues in fields and pastures, uprooting crops and making ruts in pasture that cattle/horses could break a leg in

Deuces

I’m sure if zebra mussels or milfoil had some shorty stocky legs and ran around many would think differently.

I’m far from the hunting or even the gun type guy, but if I ever won the lottery I’d go straight full auto machine gun on those lil basturds. woot

Get to the Choppa!

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m not sure if its Sportsman or not, But I would guess its a hell of a challenge. I would guess hitting a running pig out of a moving helicopter is far more challenging than hunting over a food plot with a high power rifle with a high powered scope any day !!!

I’ve never done it out of a helicopter but shooting from a moving humvee has got to be similar, and instead of leading a target you’re actually shooting behind it to allow for your moving vehicle. Pretty fun experience.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Be like shooting Prairie Dogs I suppose.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I have friends that have done it and they had a blast. They have done it a couple of different times and have videos of it.

buck-slayer

Thanks Rob this looks like the best deal I’ve seen. Is there s better person to call with any questions I have?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.