HEATED SOCKS

• mark chiamp

i wear cabelas trans alaska pac boots, toes got a lil frosty last year, was thinking about trying the electric heated socks, do any of you guys use these? like them? i see there are a few types, any recommendations?? thank you

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Mine work great, I bought at Cabelas many years ago, rechargeable batteries that are the same as my heated gloves. I remember trying heated socks a long time ago that used c batteries and they were junk

mark chiamp

thanks jeremy, do they heat just the toes or the whole foot?

Droptinex2

Mark, I purchased snow deer lithium rechargeable Sox’s. They work really good. On low they last 10 hours. I have not needed a higher setting yet.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My feet sweat. Even when I’m not. That’s when they get cold. Anyone ever heard of or tried spraying antiperspirant on their feet to avoid this?

haleysgold
    SE MN

My feet sweat. Even when I’m not. That’s when they get cold. Anyone ever heard of or tried spraying antiperspirant on their feet to avoid this?

Same problem I have. I use the no scent antiperspirant on my feet. It might help but they still sweat.
    I have a couple different types of heated socks. Yep, they work. No way I can keep my feet warm without. The exception being boot blankets but dam they are big and clumsy.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I have sweaty feet as well… I wear 100% wool socks year round over a liner sock. Keeps my feet dry and warm, I have had very little problem with my feet since I invested in good socks. I would suggest trying a a premium pair of socks before going the heated sock route.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Same, antiperspirant spray works great.

BackwaterICE

alpaca socks work better than wool, especially when wet – might be worth a try

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Baby powder or similar product keeps my feet dry….

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got a pair of heated Gloves last year from Costco and now I see they have socks from the same company. Was really happy with the gloves. May have to pick up the socks.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Baby powder or similar product keeps my feet dry…

My feet makes pancake batter out of baby powder. Moisture wicking socks and bunny boots. Once my feet start to get sweaty or I am done setting up I will wipe out my boots and change my socks.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Any reports/reviews on heated insoles?

-J.

mark chiamp

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT, APPRECIATE IT…

Steve Johnson

I just bought some this year. I got those that have rechargeable batteries. They were a cheap brand from Amazon Warehouse I bought on a whim in the middle of summer. I tried them for the first time deer hunting, and they worked great! Waited until I started to feel cold, then turned them on the lowest setting, and ran them til my toes warmed up. Used very little battery, and were quite comfy. Some have a remote or a phone app to turn on and off, which might be nice since I need to dig through layers to get to the socks and turn them on or off. I looked today and they have them for about $25 I paid less, but that kind of thin is cheapest in mid summer. They are not the greatest sock ever, but like I said, I bought them on a whim and I am glad I did.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.