Heading Sensor Locations

• chasing50s

Used a compass to try and determine what would be the best location for both my MK heading sensor, and HB heading/GPS sensor.

I’ve determined the MK heading sensor for the Ulterra might be best suited for the gunnel on the starboard side right in front of the windshield where there is a ample space for it to sit flat.

The HB heading/GPS sensor I’m not sure. I want it close to the transducers (in-hull and on the transom) and I wanted to keep it out of the way on the back deck so it’s not a tripping hazard when casting. So… maybe directly beside or in front of the flex tubing that runs from the Yamaha outboard to the deck. Maybe the cranking battery would be an issue? I brought my compass down to it and it wasn’t affected… weird (AGM but still lead in it). The compass goes out of wack near the outboard which I would have though is mostly aluminum metal and would not be affected, but it is.

I don’t have room on the gunnel as I added tracks (both behind and in front of the cleet).

Comments on my ideas? Photos or descriptions where you installed yours that you could share?

Thanks,
    J

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.