Viewing Files from SD card?

• trouter18

Cabin fever is really setting in and I am trying to view my files from my 798csi unit for the first time. I took multiple screen shots (which show as PNG files) and I can see my screen shots. I thought that my gps data was also saved as a file when I took these. There are corresponding files (.dat) with each png files. Humminbird PC won’t open these ( it wants a gpx file). Does anyone know what these .dat files are, and how I can get my unit to create the gpx files? Thanks in advance.

walleyebill1
    Nebraska

I am not 100% sure on this but I do know the .gpx files are your waypoints. I (believe) the .dat files are your routes and track data. The only time I really have seen changing files to .gpx was when I was converting lowrance files to humminbird using sonofxtf.

whittsend

Terry – Your waypoints do save when you take an image, but you still need to “export” this data to your chip from your unit before using it on the computer (in HBPC, google earth, etc…)

Let me me know if you need help with this, but I believe you have to “Export Nav Data” Under the Nav tab (or something like that – yes, its been a long winter. )

edit – those “.dat” files are not the files to use for gps data… You’ll see what I mean when you export the nav data from the HB unit, then import the date into HBPC program on your computer.

Terry, lets get out fishing soon.

Whitt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.