Hummingbird 35 versus Marcum LX3tc

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Off looking at flashers and had pretty much made up my mind on a Marcum, but stopped by Throne Bros yesterday and they told me that the Marcum may interfere with other flashers in the area and the Hummingbird 35 (which has pretty much the same features) will not cause any interference????

Both seem like good units but I could see going to a 35 for this feature.

Anybody??

tia

Al

bofferdahl
    Maple Grove, MN

I use the Ice-55 and have used that next to both Marcum and Vexilar flashers. There has been very little to almost interference issues when using next to both Vex and Marcum. The Ice-55 did not pick up much interference nor cause much interference on the other models – Marcum LX-5 and Vexilar 18. Also, I have been very happy with my Humminbird and would make the same purchase if I had to do all over again, but the other units I use it next to are also great units.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Birds run on a different frequency than other flashers.

Where were ‘birds made again?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Birds don’t interfere with MarCum’s or Vex or vice versa. MarCum’s and Vex run on the same frequency and interference is only an issue on some of the older models made before IR systems were upgraded.

Get the system that offers the best performance for YOU and don’t worry about the odd guy you might run across fishing an antique. Doing so is a bit like passing up on buying that fast truck because you might run across an amish guy some day… and you don’t want to risk spooking his horse.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

stopped by Throne Bros yesterday and they told me that the Marcum may interfere with other flashers in the area

So what?

That sounds like an i’ll excuse for staying away from MarCum. I like being the guy on the ice that doesn’t have to worry about interference

big_g
    Isle, MN

You guys sound selfish…. not everybody has the latest greatest flasher every year

PS get a camera and blow all them “antiques” AWAY

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks, the occasional/rare time I don’t worry about so much, but it sounded like I was going to screw up everybody with in range..hummmm

Once again, thanks.

Al

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’ve fished around the two other brands with no problems and they’ve had no problems with my Marcum. Just takes a couple seconds of tweaking.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have been running the LX-3 for a few years now and am very happy with it. Other than my lack of care for the battery there has been no issues. Im usually out hole hoping and always look at interference from other flashers as a indicator that Im fishing to close to them and need to go find my own fish. Once in a great while if I plop down in the center of a community hole while hole hopping Ill hear guys in the house make comments on where did that interference come from. That comment is usually followed up by “just hit your interference button”.

Like said above I dont think the interference is enough of a issue to sway a decision on which unit to buy.

codycroteau1
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

So what?

That sounds like an i’ll excuse for staying away from MarCum. I like being the guy on the ice that doesn’t have to worry about interference

x2! get a vexilar!!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I would look at the customer service that both companies provide… I’m just sayin’

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Wife uses an FL8 and I use an LX5 no problems.

bassinbear
    Menomonie, WI

I have used marcum, vex and bird. I have a ice 45 right now. Love it! It is a lot better than the ones I have used in the past.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Wife uses an FL8 and I use an LX5 no problems.

It’s been suggested that if I go with a Marcum to look at the LX5, Mr. Holst’s video on the dual range makes enough sense to give the LX5 serious thought.

Al

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.