997c and 957c Problems After Upgrading to v4.950

• longerbass

I updated my 997c and 957c to software version 4.950 today. Both software updates went fine, but I’m having two problems:

1) On the 997c I get an error message, “Interlink reconfiguration failed” when the unit starts up

2) The GPS and Interlink no longer work on the 957c. In the system status view neither is recognized. They both worked fine prior to the update.

Any help you could provide is appreciated!

– Thanks, Brad

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Did you restore defaults prior to upgrade? Have heard some people having issues and getting them cleared up by restoring defaults again after the software upgrade. Have not done my units yet, just what I heard today.

Dave Bonjour
    Menomonie Wisc

I upgraded my 937c this spring and restored to default mode before upgrade, and everything went fine. very happy with the new upgrade,good luck

longerbass

I did restore the defaults prior to the upgrade.
    Any other ideas? Thanks, Brad

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

do it again after the upgrade. What was previous version #

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I had issues when I upgraded the software on my 787c2 a couple months ago. I had also purchased the 2010 Navionics chip and installed it before I did the upgrade. At first it allowed me to see the hi-definition on my local lake, but when I went fishing it would not update my location like the unit was overloaded with information. So I decided then to update the software to 4.770 and I had the same problems you are. I did like you said and changed to the default settings before the upgrade, then after the upgrade changed my settings to meet my needs. Like you said my other fish finder did not communicate with the 787. I changed back to the default settings and made the necessary for the communication between units and everything seems to be working right. I’ll find out for sure the next time I get to go fishing again. Wish the storms would come to and end.

longerbass

I just tried restoring defaults after the upgrade and I got the same results. The exact error on the 997 is “Interlink Reprogramming Failed”.

Prior to the upgrade the 997 was at v4.260 and the 957 was at v4.510.

Thanks again for the help.

waltie
    Kansas City

Quote:

I just tried restoring defaults after the upgrade and I got the same results. The exact error on the 997 is “Interlink Reprogramming Failed”.

Prior to the upgrade the 997 was at v4.260 and the 957 was at v4.510.

Thanks again for the help.

I know you can’t have menus up on both units at the same time. I’m wondering if you had both units running at the same time you tried the upgrade. Just a thought. Maybe one unit kept the software in the Interlink from upgrading from the other.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

In one of the version 4 updates there was a update to the GPS refresh rate, they recommended wiring the GPS following specific wiring diagrams to get the effect. Not sure that it would actually fault your unit as you are getting. What happens if you only try one unit at a time? I would get as much information as possible and call HB service, they are pretty good on the phone.

Toll-free: 1-800-633-1468
    Monday – Friday
    8:00am – 4:30pm CST

longerbass

When I performed the 997 upgrade I powered off the 957. I did the same for the 957 upgrade.

I’m guessing the two problems are related because the 957 gets its GPS and Wathersense through Interlink?

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Bass Boat Central HB Board

This is a great site for HB information.

Browse through here, there are some posts about interlink issues, some directly related to weather sense. Have you tried disconnecting the weather sense to see if that eliminates the issue?

longerbass

Thanks for the suggestion I’ll give that a try. I did some troubleshooting last night and found out the 997 is connected to the Interlink through the Weathersense module. I’ll try bypassing the Weathersense and see if that helps.

longerbass

I called Humminbird today and they said that after performing the software update the head units reprogram the Interlink module. However, no other modules can be between the head unit and the Interlink otherwise the Reprogramming will fail. In my case, the Weathersense module was in-between the head unit and the Interlink module. So that is why I was receiving the “Interlink Reprogramming Failed” error message.

Humminbird instructed me to bypass the Weathersense module and connect the head unit directly to the Interlink module. Once I did this the 997 was able to successfully reprogram the Interlink module.

Once the Interlink module was successfully reprogrammed then I added the Weathersense module back and re-cabled everything back to the original configuration and everything worked.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

LongerBass,

Is your 997 working fine now? I want to do the upgrade, but I want to make sure there aren’t any problems.

Thanks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Has anyone done the upgrade and seen an improvement?

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Has anyone done the upgrade and seen an improvement?

I did it and it fixed my crazy shallow water readings I was getting. It was driving me nuts!

longerbass

997 is working fine now. Good luck on the upgrade.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.