777c2, Handheld Gps and Laptop,..What can I do?

• NeWcS

Wondering if this combination will help me on the water? Id love to capture GPS coordinates and depths and make some maps. Any input?
    thx
    -Jay

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The 777 is pretty much useless since you cannot load maps on it. I have one and it really pains me that I made such a purchase. As for your had held, what brand is it? What maps do you have? The reason I ask is that I have two Garmins and I like both of them, since I have never had so much as a hickup with either one of them. If you can interface your hand held with the 777 you can capture waypoints with the 777 which will retain the coodinance and you can make a note of the waypoint name and the depth on a piece of paper or on the laptop. Then later you could go back to the 777 and edit the waypoint to include any information you wish, like the depth…

NeWcS

I guess what I was really hoping for was a way to hook my 777 to my laptop to capture sonar readings. With the handheld(etrex) acting as an antenna. I guess using the laptop as a large screen gps.

-Jay

NeWcS

Anyone?

-Jay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.