My new Toy!

• justlikefishing

Took the new toy(998) out for the first time today. Only had one problem…..after 5 1/2 hrs out on the water I ran out of daylight. Bummer ….It is every thing I wished for and more. No regrets here.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

If you don’t use it past dark you may as well pack it up and send it over my way. I’ll PM you my shipping info

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I took mine out for the first time today also Realy liking it so far but i cant wait to get it on a lake!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Think we can all thank Jason for greatly shortening our learning curve with this phenomonal new technology! Great asset to have him on this site and the knowledge he shares.
    Can’t wait to see what secrets Menomin gives up.

Jeremy

whittsend

Quote:

after 5 1/2 hrs out on the water I ran out of daylight.

It’s very well backlit you know. Perfect for night use…….

Congrats, and make sure to post your images!!!!

justlikefishing

Took a friend out yesterday. He has been fishing the Il river for close to 60 yrs and knows it really well……well he thought! The Bird put the impress on him to the point he is buying a 898 today! We would make a pass by areas he fishes and all he could do was shake his head Another convert.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Bought a new 998 last week, it’s being installed on my boat at the dealer, you guys are making me jealous that you have yours and are learning already. Man it’s a long 2 weeks til I take delivery

justlikefishing

Quote:

Bought a new 998 last week, it’s being installed on my boat at the dealer, you guys are making me jealous that you have yours and are learning already. Man it’s a long 2 weeks til I take delivery

Congrats on both, You will be surprised how quick youll catch on!

whittsend

I’ll get to test the new DI update tomorrow…. Should be fun to see how that functions!

Hopefully I’ll have a bunch of cool screenshots to post.

Mike

tommac
    south burbs of chicago

just ordered my last night from jolly ann cant wait……….

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

just ordered my last night from jolly ann cant wait……….

You’ll have it before the weekend, Tom. Thanks again!

Congrats to all of you on your new Humminbirds. I don’t think any of you will be disappointed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.