Mounting a Humminbird transducer on a Ranger R71

• rangerR71

The bracket will not fit on the step (or pad for us older guys). If I mount it on the metal flake on the right the transducer will not point toward the front of the boat. It’s pointing at about 11 o’clock. Will this affect my readings??
    Any help would be great

yambo
    Texas

A friend of mine mounted his inside the boat (through hull)He used the standard transducer with marine goop to stick it down,claims that it works great.

jhalfen

Yes, if your ‘ducer is not pointing along the long axis of the boat, it will affect your unit’s performance.

It’s hard for me to help without seeing your boat and the dimensions of that step. Are you running a jack plate? A lot of bass boat installs that I’ve seen have a custom bracket made to hang off the jack plate. That keeps the SI ducer in the water when motoring at slow speed, but out of the water on plane. You’d need a second, through hull ‘ducer for high speed operation.

The guys at Skeeter Boat Center have done a bunch of these. Their install rates are very reasonable, and the service is fast! Consider contacting them to get your unit rigged professionally.

rangerR71

Thanks for the responses. I don’t have a jack plate and the pad is to thin for the mounting bracket. It looks like I may be taking a trip to Eufaula(only an hour away) to swap my ‘ducer for one without the temp(to mount in the hull) and getting a seperate temp sensor .

Tom Haynes

I have the same boat and the same problem. Did you ever find a good location for the transducer?

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

We mounted ours in the white area to the right of the far right port

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.