Alumacraft Dominator boat

• Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Looking at a used 1989 alumacraft Dominator 16′ boat in super excellent shape. Wondering if anybody has one or had one and has any pros or cons. It has a 40hp evinrude on it.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

This might be better served in another forum.

Gerty

I have a 1992 16.5′ Alumicraft Dominator with a 40 hp yamaha on it. I love mine. Great trolling boat as well as rigging. At times I wish it was a tad bigger for the bigger waters when windy, but other than that, I love everything about mine.

jsrevermann
    Central MN

I have a 1995 Alumacraft Dominator with side console and a 60hp Mercury.

This boat has served me very well over the past 15 years. Very solid boat. It has worked great but is starting to cramp my fishing style. The biggest thing being lack of rod storage.

If you don’t have, or don’t bring a ton of stuff with you it works great, but there really isn’t any where to put rods out of the way.

Gerty

I can agree with Roosters and Eyes on the rod storage problem. They usually lay on the front deck in my boat.

Crickschop04

Is my wife selling my boat? I have a 1989 Dominator with a ’05 Etec on it.

Rod storage is a bit of an issue I really wish they would have made the rod locker just a couple inches wider.

Only other complaint I have is that for me personally the back seat is just a bit too close to the tiller handle.

JimJankowski

I have a 92′ Dominator and love the boat. When I purchased it, it also had a 40hp Evinrude(tiller). It performed just fine when it had two people and gear in it. Once you started loading it down with more people and gear it took a bit to get on plane. I up graded to a 60 hp. and maxed it out,I really like the extra HP.These are stiil great boats. How much are they asking for it?

JJ

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

$5500 not a scratch on the trailer in super shape no rust or rock chips at all. Boat as clean as a new one. Just wondering about the 1989 40 hp oil injected evinrude as I know some had issues.

JimJankowski

River,

That asking price seems a bit high to me. I picked up my rig a few years ago for $4,200. It was in very good to excellent condition. If you do a nationwide CL search you will find some newer Dominators with larger motors for less asking price. About the motor, mine had oil injection along with tilt and trim.I never had issues with the injection system.Other poeple might have had different situations with the oil injection. What ever rig you buy, make sure you have it checked out buy a reliable marine mechanic. Other wise you could be buying someone elses headache.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.