PC-10 vs PC-11

• dmark

I am getting conflicting information from my local retailer regarding which power cord (PC-10/PC-11) will work for my 998. I want to make the unit “portable” in the boat, from console to bow. Humminbird website says PC-11, retailer says PC-10 is ok (they only have PC-10 in stock, and don’t list a PC-11 in their catalogue). Any of you more knowledgeable operators have any suggestion(s)? Thanks

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi,
    Both the PC-10 and PC-11 will work on most any Humminbird head. I believe the wire gauge is the same with either power cable. The difference is that the PC-11 has a built in choke coil to help block interference through the power line – the PC-10 is straight wire. I switched to PC-11 cables for all the Humminbird’s mounted in my boat.

Take care,
    Roger

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Hi,
    Both the PC-10 and PC-11 will work on most any Humminbird head. I believe the wire gauge is the same with either power cable. The difference is that the PC-11 has a built in choke coil to help block interference through the power line – the PC-10 is straight wire. I switched to PC-11 cables for all the Humminbird’s mounted in my boat.

Take care,
    Roger

Awhile back i called Humminbird customer service and asked the same question and their response was the same as Roger’s advice.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Both cables will work. Like Rodger said, the pc-11 will help with interference if that is an issue. Besides for the choke for interference they are both the same!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.