Hard Case Question

• timhahn4

I am looking to upgrade to a hard case thais season, but I fish a lot of inlines. I cant fold the handles down. Is there a case out there with the depth to handle in-lines? I am happy spending the money, just don’t want to be unhappy with the purchase. Pics would be great.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The Otter Sportsman’s case is my favorite. They’re often featured on the show. However, many gun cases will hold inline reels without an issue.

The Otter case is deep enough so that you don’t have to fold down the handles of spinning reels. If all you fish is inlines, a gun case may be the way to go. Spinning reels with the handles folded will also fit in the gun cases.

Yoshi

Striker Transporter bag!!

Ben
    Central MN

I’d look into a Plano Gun Guard AW Tactical Case or the Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, I got the 36″ for $50 on Amazon (the price seems to fluctuate a lot) and they carry the 42″ at Fleet Farm if you want to test it out. Solid case, I squeezed six rods (one inline) in it.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1178.jpg

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I have the Ice Fishing Innovations case. Its big and heavy but the best case out there. Inlines and spinning reels fit just fit perfect without having to jimmy them to fit. I have 9 rods in mine all with reels attached and it has all of my tackle in it as well.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Check out the ice fishing innovations hard case. Not sure how many inlines you need to get it in, but you should be able to get 6 in without issue. I don’t have any inlines so can’t speak from experience, but I’ve put 9 rods with spinning reels (handles folded) in mine, and could probably do 12 if I cut out a little more of the foam.

Bassn Dan

Otter case works fine with inlines.

Dylan Salow

Otter case all the way. They simply work and are pretty much bulletproof.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The Eagle Claw Ice Rod Hard Case…43X12X7 about that external size.

timhahn4

Thanks the picture helps a ton! It looks like I’ll be heading To Fleet Farm Today.

Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

X3 on ice fishing innovations

bigpike

Otter box is a dream. My handles on my rods enjoy the cushion that the box provides. $55 at the St. Paul ice show. Thanks Reeds. They are #1

milemark_714

One of these days Otter will come out with an Otter box XL,for those that fish long rods.Those are the ones that usually get killed first.So the double rifle/shotgun case works(50″).

bigpike

Yup, 40″ and longer 1 piece is a no go…

jld
    Holmen

Any feedback/reviews on the Expedition ice rod case? Just ordered one from Cabelas. Looks nice and the limited number of reviews were all great so I decided to give it a try.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Another vote for the ice fishing innovations case.

404 ERROR
    MN

Any feedback/reviews on the Expedition ice rod case? Just ordered one from Cabelas. Looks nice and the limited number of reviews were all great so I decided to give it a try.

I have two of them, they work just fine. I pulled the middle foam piece out and tossed it in the trash and also cut out the straps. The CGI inline fits, but it’s tight. Spinning reels need to be folded down to close without force. The hardware is solid and I’ve had no issues with the case. I’ve got a dent or two in one of them and the rods inside were just fine.

32″ rods are about the max for the 36″ case. You may be able to squeak a 34″ in there, but it will be very close.

tornadochaser

Plano case is the way to go. Why spend $50-$70 more for something similar?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.