Hand drill?

• Boone

Was looking through some deals and was wondering if anyone ever took this deal or did everyone just buy individual pieces? Preferably looking at the 8 inch strike lite.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20201016-105305_Drive.jpg

Coletrain27

Bought all mine individually. Got my 8” lite flite for like $132 from glensoutdoors.com online, they were running a deal last winter.

Got my clam plate for $60 from scheels after they price matched another online site.

Drill I’m using the ridgid octane setup.

Home Depot has a deal going on in store right now if you buy the Milwaukee fuel drill and driver kit you get a free 5ah battery

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Take it for what its worth.

I would second guess the Milwaukee. (From what others have said they won’t even warranty them anymore when used for augering ice.) Many of my friends started with Milwaukee brushless drills… they broke the aluminum housing. Milwaukee replaced a few of them and then started saying no…

They switched to a Dewalt 20v 996 and haven’t looked back. I still have my original Dewalt with no issues. I reopen holes, drill lots of holes, and drill a lot of late season holes too. The Dewalt just keeps going.

FYI, the part that breaks on the Milwaukee is designed differently on the Dewalt so it will never break.

Coletrain27

Ridgid has a lifetime warranty and more torque than the dewalt and Milwaukee

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I run a hilti and love it.

Deuces

I’ll be trying out a makita this winter. Have all the tools for work, figured I’d add the big guy to the arsenal since I rarely use it for work.

2 year home depot warranty takes care of any issues.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Ridgid has a lifetime warranty and more torque than the dewalt and Milwaukee

Torque isn’t a big concern for me I guess. I really don’t need much torque to drill an ice hole. As long as it does the job thats all that matters.

I think there are a lot of good drills out there Dewalt, Ridgid, Hilti… I think Milwaukee also makes a great drill but IMO not for an ice auger. The support handle snaps right off.

In 30 seconds of searching I found this thread on broken Milwaukees.

https://forum.toolsinaction.com/topic/13994-27042703-broken-side-handle-mount-is-it-covered-under-warranty/

Chris Norlock

! run a Dewalt 996 on a Clam plate and its a sweet set up with no issues turning an 8 or 10 inch bit.. Choose a bit that doesn’t catch at the bottom of hole. Full season with the Pistol bit and it has yet to catch once. Don’t go under a 4ah battery and the bigger the better in that department.

BackwaterICE

The 2804-22 has an updated handle that wont break like the old model (2704)
    Buy (1) Select Milwaukee FUEL Power Tool Kit with a Select Accessory or Hand Tool, get $100 OFF!
    https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1138238-milwaukee-2804-22-m18-fuel-18v-1-2-hammer-drill-kit.html
    2804-22 M18 FUEL 18V 1/2″ Hammer Drill Kit with 2x 5ah Red Lithium Batteries and charger
    Qualifying items to earn $100 off – https://www.farmandfleet.com/promo-deal/?offerID=3566
    use code blainthanks20 for added discount

Sign up for rewards and you get another 10 or 20 back in store credit if you buy on site.

Lite flites will likely be on sale at some point soon
    I bought the 2804 at my local Blains about a month ago and got a new in box 6″ Lazer for $40 locally as well. Replacing my old warn out 8 year old Masterforce 20v Li drill and 5″ lazer.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Been running my M18 fuel with an 8″ (or 7.5 whatever the original Kdrill was) and beating the hell out of it for 3 years now with no problems or breakage. I also beat on it all year.

When mine does break, as all mechanical devices will eventually regardless of what color they are, I’m 100% sure it won’t happen “while using it as an ice auger”. It’ll happen while drilling.

FlyRock

I received the Reeds package with the 8″ Strike Lite for Christmas last year. Definitely one of the best upgrades I’ve done for ice fishing. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal with the carry bag and third battery.

Ripjiggen

Milwaukee has also redesigned there handle in the hammer drill. Been running my older handle style just fine but can see were one would break one if not tightened down properly.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Well some of us cannibalized parts from older equipment and made it worked. I used to sort of hate the Strike Lite auger with it’s round composite flighting. It was kind of a pain when iced up and all. Since getting a hand drill, it’s been wonderful. Reduced weight and all is quite something. The drill also spins faster so it’s much easier to shed that water off the drill. Helps to keep it ice free cleaner.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.