Group buys on lithium batteries?

• Ross Gunderson

I know in the past people had put a “group buy” together to buy many lithium batteries at a discount for winter locaters. Has anyone heard of a group buy for this year? I have a LX6 and LX7 that I may be interested in upgrading batteries if the price is right.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Dakota has realized this was an untapped market for them and now actually exhibit at the St. Paul Ice Show. I heard of some deals there last year.

EO recently did a group buy on another ice fishing forum. May be worth reaching out to them and seeing if they are willing to do one for IDO.

JoeMX1825
    MN

shipping is usually the killer when buying these batteries, if you live close to a Gander Outdoors they typically have Dakota Lithium’s in stock once we get closer to ice time, you can also use their frequently offered sales coupons on the battery. I picked mine up last year for like $70 total…better than the group buy prices i’ve seen…

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

That’s a great price, Joe! Didn’t know Gander was carrying them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think I used a $30 off $100 purchase coupon and then used my expiring Sam Goody discount ontop of it…The battery was $99 at the time, they had them in a locked glass case…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Energized Outdoors had a group buy with Ice Shanty. I picked up 16AH lithium battery and charger for a great price. But that deal is over with now.

iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

I don’t know if anyone shops Runnings but they had Dakota Lithium’s last year..

copete44
    Farmington, MN

I switched over to a 5.0 milwaukee battery last winter with the adapter and it was amazing all winter. I used it with my drill to pop a few holes, then switched it over to power my fish finder and didn’t come close to running out of battery. That and the eskimo pistol bit where the two best things I did last winter for ice fishing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.