Ground Hog Advice

• cheers

Seems like I have a ground hog that has decided to move on to my property. He doesn’t seem to be a problem yet but has only been around a couple days . Should he be terminated or left to do his thing ?

Tom schmitt

There is a reason ground hogs are called woodchuck, and they do Chuck wood.
    If he gets under a wood building he’ll make a mess of it.
    Luckily they are easily removed, a 22 between the ear and eyeball usudoes it. Also when they are out they usually want to be out and will come back out after being scared into their hole.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If it were my yard he would definitely be up for elimination

ThunderLund78

Live trap with veggie scraps placed near where you’ve seen him will also get him if you don’t want to go the lethal route. But you might get other things like rabbits or raccoons as well – all the while woody’s making a nice nest for himself under your shed. I’d go with the lethal route if you’re not in town.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

They have to go.

They dig under anything they can get near. Some animals get a free pass on our property, but woodchucks aren’t one of them

LabDaddy1

Live trap with veggie scraps placed near where you’ve seen him will also get him if you don’t want to go the lethal route. But you might get other things like rabbits or raccoons as well – all the while woody’s making a nice nest for himself under your shed. I’d go with the lethal route if you’re not in town.

You can still go bang in town if not a re-tread…

But if you ARE a re-tread or unaware, Karen can and will call law enforcement so tread wisely! blush lol

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

One woodchuck leads to more woodchucks and more damage. I would get rid of it one way or another.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Then shoot it!

jwellsy

Live trap with a cut up apple. They love apples.
    Take it out to the country for some target practice or
    turn it loose near someone’s house you don’t like.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.