Green Bay spring Walleyes

• Tyler

Anybody know how timing is looking for some big spring open water walleyes?

Looking to make my first trip there this spring.

Thanks!!

mojogunter

Next weekend it looks to be open if the weather keeps going.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Oconto ramp is ice free as of this morning. Open water at the end of the breakwater.

Keep an eye on the wind forecast. An east wind could f@#$ up the whole works.

NofHwy8
    baldwin, WI

Not trying to hijack the thread here but…when does the bite go to off shore vs up the rivers? Maybe now!?!?!

mojogunter

I would wait a week. A few years ago I went out right after ice out and the bite was really slow.

Not trying to hijack the thread here but…when does the bite go to off shore vs up the rivers? Maybe now!?!?!

NofHwy8
    baldwin, WI

Awesome. Thanks!

Tyler

Any ramps better than others for a bigger boat? Was kinda planning on staying right by Lambeau field.

NofHwy8
    baldwin, WI

I fished out of Oconto last year. 35-40 mts from the stadium. Nice launch. Kinda far especially if you’re fishing in the fox River…

Tyler

Thanks for the info by the way 👍🏻

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tyler,
    If you are looking to hit perfect timing for post spawn, you’ll be about April 11th on

Full Moon March 28th, 3rd quarter April 4th, and new moon April 11th. Moon phases are falling into a late spawn this year from counting the phases from peak last year. Naturally not all eyes follow the schedule and do what they want – when they want. Plus, many people think its just amount of daylight and water temps.

FYI I’ll be fishing nights April 4th through the 10th in 1 to 4 feet of water in the river.

Good luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.